Chapter 1 (Darkwood Sands)

Hi, I’m Abby.  Darkwood has been my home since I can remember.  My parents own this town.  Yep, you guessed it!  My name is Abby Darkwood (short for Abigail of course), the youngest aire of the Darkwood Dynasty.  Not only am I the youngest of the family, but also not so well received with the family. 

Landon and Petra Darkwood, my parents, have been the town’s proprietors for decades, going back generations.  My Grandpa Louis built this from the ground up and the land has been passed down.  He was big in the interior designing business in the 1940s.  On top of that, he was one of the best in advertising business as well.  He used to create products and design buildings for many of his clients, from schools to homes to the Hollywood Studios.  He was and still is incredibly talented in a lot of things…what didn’t this man now how to do? This family is known for as very lucky people.  My father Landon is a famous Interior Designer as well and my mother is a Fashion Designer.  I guess they decided to follow the design business after all.  I have 2 sisters (Twins- Penelope & Pandora; my mother was obsessed with mythology, especially Greek myths…and so was my grandmother Georgina) and one brother (Ian).  My family is also massive…lots of heritage around the place. 

As far as my heritage goes, mine is a mixing bowl of sorts.  I’m Caucasian-American, part Navajo, part British, part Swedish, part-African American, part Japanese, and part Hawaiian.  Whew!  I almost ran outta breath there.  I almost feel like Tiger Woods, like was born in a league of nations or something.  It all makes me unique in a sense…if you really look at that sort of thing.  I am one of the most popular girls at Sunlake Academy.  Straight A grades, 4.0 GPA, come home after school except for clubs and things after school, I’m even the head cheerleader, main player in the plays at school, and main soloist in the varsity choir.  I am what you would call an overachiever…and a bit of a nerd.  I’m not ashamed to say it, I love school; I just love learning new things every day. It’s a nice break from the craziness at home. 

You would think with all of that going for me that my family would be proud of me.  Even though it seems like I am one of the most popular, beautiful, and talented girls in Darkwood Sands and I shouldn’t give a care about what other people think of me… I feel I still don’t rank even remotely close to a success in my family’s eyes.  Apparently, I’m just average to them.  I still can’t figure out why, but I don’t have time for that. 

Oh well, Life-must-go-on…