Chapter Twenty

"Did you see that Tadashi! It went like boom! Then kapoosh! And when it hit the ground it was like pOoOw!!" Hinata exclaimed to his friend, pacing back and forth. Kageyama came up behind him, whacking him on the head. Dating and still the same as ever.

"Don't be stupid boke" yep, nothing's changed. Maybe hence the blushing, holding hands, stuff like that. 

"How many weeks are you till you're due? You look like you might explode at any moment," Shoyo asked, poking at the pregnant's stomach. The setter smacked him harder this time, yelling at his boyfriend, "You can't just say things like that dumbass!". Yamaguchi chuckled at the other boys antics.

"I've got three weeks till the expected time," he replied casually, unbothered by the question. He'd been stopped many times at the grocery store or just whenever in public to ask how far along he was. 

"Oi! Get back to practice" Ennoshita yelled. Yam's settled next to Yachi, watching as his teammates played. He found it amusing how much the first years struggled to keep up with their upperclassmen. Another thing was how many times he caught a certain blondes eye. It was no doubt that Tsukishima was consistently checking on the boy. Not that it bothered Tadashi, in all honesty the freckled boy enjoyed it. 

After they worked on their receives, all players began to work on their serves. Everyone was doing well, but Yama noticed a certain brunette struggling with what the others were doing. So, the pregnant one came up behind him, adjusting the way his hand was placed on the ball.

"You're hitting it towards the ground. And you're using your fingers to push it. Don't. Stand taller," he started, showing the example to what the brunette was struggling with. "You have to throw it high like this. Then as soon as it's up, swing your hand forward with as much strength as you think it should," and when the boy nailed the serve, he praised the older boy who tried to get him to stop. Yamaguchi laughed it off, he was just helping. 

Ennoshita came up to him, placing his hand on the boys shoulder, telling him, "You know, you'd make a good captain some day," Tadashi scoffed at the captains emark. Telling the older how he wasn't a good fit with unreasonable answers.

"I meant what I said," then he walked off to help people. Was he being serious? 

Practice resumed for another hour before the first years all left leaving the second and third years to clean up. Yam's insisted he would help but was denied by nearly everyone. So he made his way to the door. Stopping to turn around. That's when he felt it. A sharp pain to his abdomen. No, it's too early. Three weeks went by fast, not five weeks.