Chapter Nine

"Oh.."

...

It was the first time Yamaguchi really walked to school alone. Sure, previously he's walked to school without his older boyfriend but this time he really was alone. This time he wasn't expecting to see Tsukishima. At all. He knew things would never be the same. The blonde boy had left Tadashi alone in the bathroom that day. He fled after the freckled face male confronted him. To be honest though, Yama wasn't surprised. He expected this reaction, he just wasn't prepared. In fact he expected more than just him running away. He saw in his nightmares Tsukki yelling at him, telling him how much of a failure he was and how much he hated the shorter one. Of course that didn't happen. Tadashi was happy he didn't. He wouldn't know what he would've done with himself if Kei actually did that. Still, he was alone. And as if the clouds knew what happened, the rain was pouring down faster than a shooting star. What's even worse is that his mom left for work earlier than usual, leaving Yamaguchi to walk to school in the miserable weather. His life couldn't get any worse.

Fourteen days. It had been fourteen days since he fell 'sick' with the 'uncommon bug' also known as pregnancy. A pregnancy that's ruined the young boys life. And love life.

This wasn't really how he pictured his first day back at College. In all honesty, he expected puppies and rainbows. What a dumb mistake that was. 

School was quiet. Even though it wasn't, it was quiet. Lot's of work, still quiet. People asking if he was okay, still quiet. Everyone saying hello, it was still quiet. A bunch of catching up, still the most quiet it has been. Not one single time had he seen Tsukishima throughout the day even though they had almost every class together. That's what was quiet. 

At practice the boy was still not there. It was like he vanished without a trail. Although, practice wasn't quiet. Lot's of work, lots of smiles. People asking if he was okay, and they laughed. Everyone saying hello, then they would chat about the things he missed. This is where Yamaguchi belonged and he was surprised how he had lasted so long without being in this place for near two weeks. This was his other home. Is number one home.

...

After practice everyone cleaned up. Daichi was the last to leave along with Sugawara and Yamaguchi. The trio walked to Sakanoshita Store just down the road. Daichi went inside to collect some meat buns for the three. That was when Suga pulled Tadashi aside for some questions.

"I know this is none of my business but I feel like it's best if I ask," he started off. "Are you pregnant?". The freckled face boy was a bit taken back by the question. Was it that obvious? It's not like he had gained any weight. Nor had he thrown up once that day. Maybe it was in his face? Or Tsukishima had told everyone... No, he wouldn't do that.

"I-... Yeah," he felt no need to hide it from his mother figure. Suga smiled, placing his hand on Tadashi's shoulder and pulled him in for a hug. A longing hug that Yama didn't know he craved until now. It all came crumbling down. Everything was a mess. He was pregnant at age eighteen, for at least seven days he had been constantly puking. And then, Tsukishima disappearing from his life. Not a single word from the tall blonde blocker. So, he broke down. Yamaguchi cried like the rain earlier this morning and Sugawara just held him. He had never seen the younger boy like this so all he did was hold him, not even talking or telling him it will be okay. He silently held the boy as he cried horrendously onto Suga. 

Daichi came out to find Tadashi sobbing as both Suga and him hugged. He was confused but never the less hugged them both. This was his family, blood or not. The silver noticed the extra warmth, looking up to his boyfriend. He mouthed the words "Tadashi's pregnant". Daichi seemed to understand as he started holding the two tighter in his arms. 

Around five minutes later Yamaguchi seemed to have calmed down a fair bit. They all went over to a bench next to a streetlight to sit down at. Tadashi sat with his arms wrapped around his legs whom were leaning against his chest. Not once did he look up at the older couple. Instead, he looked down while he talked. 

"It was an accident. I-I only found out a couple days ago though." he paused. "Tsukki doesn't want it. I told him yesterday, he fled as soon as I told him. That's why he wasn't here today. At least that's what I presume. And, and it's all my fault and I know it" he cried. Suga held the boy again. This time he hushed the boy. 

"No, no. It's not your fault at all. It takes two people to make a child, it's not your fault. It's no ones fault... Shh, it's okay" Daichi looked down at Suga as the silver haired boy said that. He noticed the tears stained onto both boys cheeks. He wiped his boyfriends tears as no one else had done so yet then moved to wrap his arms around Yamaguchi's as well. 

From a distance, Ukai heard everything. He witnessed the whole thing going down just outside his family shop. The coach moved from the door and to the phone where he dialed an unfamiliar number.