Running

Dabi pov:

I woke up slowly, soaking in the feeling of Keigo sleeping peacefully beside me. I felt his soft feathers rubbing against my arm as I sighed. I slowly got up, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed before standing up. All the blood rushed to my feet as I fell back onto the bed, waiting a moment before trying to get up again.

After a successful attempt to stand, I walked over to my dresser, pulling out a new shirt and a new pair of pants. Of course they looked almost identical to the ones I was already wearing, I think Shigaraki's convinced I never change my clothes. But there I was, standing at the foot of my bed as I slid a clean shirt on, watching Keigo's face soften as he rolled over and groaned into the pillow.

After I had finished changing I left my room and sulked out into the bar. Twice gave me a suspicious glance and then looked away embarrassed. Toga bounced up to me and started clinging to my arm, tugging on my sweater. "Shiggy said we're going out together~", she looked at me excited and I rolled my eyes in response. Kurogiri chipped in as he cleaned a glass I swear was already clean. "It'll be quick, all you have to do is scope out a street or two and then you can come back." Kurogiri and Shigaraki told us where we would be going, with an occasional interruption from Twice. Before I knew it, Toga and I were already walking away from the base.

"Soooooo, how was your sleep?" She asked, skipping slightly ahead of me. "You know we don't have to talk, right? Just get the job done and go home." I sighed impatiently as she turned around and made a fierce stop in front of me. "But it'd be so much more fun if we did talk" She manically smiled before turning back around and resuming her skipping. "We'll just draw more attention to ourselves..." I muttered, my hood falling farther down my face as I suspiciously glanced at our surroundings. I hesitantly turned the corner as Toga continued to fearlessly skip down the street.

We continued to walk in comfortable silence as I wanted. About halfway through our walk, Toga demanded I went into a convenience store to buy her a cookie and we started arguing right outside the store. "Toga I'm not buying you a cookie" I looked down at her as she frowned "Aww c'monnn, please Dabi?". Our argument continued for several more minutes before I spotted someone familiar rounding a corner in my peripheral vision. Fuck. I panicked as I slid my wallet out of my pocket and handed it to Toga, starting to push her into the store "Buy your own damn cookie" I muttered. I pushed her completely into the store, she almost tripped. Then she turned around to glare at me but instead gave me a weird look. I'm guessing the panic was clear on my face as I mouthed "Stay here, I'll be back to get you soon". She looked around and decided to cooperate with me, she went farther inside the store and started looking around the shelves full of snacks.

I turned back around to face the pro hero I clearly saw. I made eye contact with Eraserhead. As he realized who I was, his mouth dropped wide open for a minute before he finally composed himself. Fuck, god damn it, I let my fucking guard down. His hair rose as he started to run towards me. I quickly pulled myself away from the spot I was frozen in and started running away from him and the store Toga was safely kept in. 

I ran and I don't know how long I ran for. But I ran. I turned a lot of corners and ran, even when I heard Eraserhead's steps fade away, I kept running. Running. Running. Running. Where was I running to? How long had I been running? Why hadn't I stopped? I have to stop.

After seemingly forever, so long my feet were aching, I found myself frozen in front of a familiar building with tears streaking down my face. This is... The Todoroki household...

Word count: 713
(Boom, the next chapter is done. Sorry it was so short, I kept adding and deleting, couldn't make up my mind about where I wanted this chapter to end. But I did it. And don't worry, I'll be posting to this story more often now that this hell of a chapter is done with.)