18. Unforgivable Mistake

Start from the beginning

"I'll be back."

"Okay. See you later, then," Lucy flashed her widest grin to assure him that she'd be fine. Besides, he had just told her that he would go back to her, right? So there should be nothing to worry about.

It's not as if he'd go into a war. It's just Zeref's birthday; the popular star player of their campus who had a lot of friends especially fangirls that were all fantasizing over her Natsu whether her presence was there or not.

So yeah. She definitely had a lot to worry about.

It's not like she didn't have trust on him, though. In fact, she trusted him more than anyone else, but she didn't trust the people around him.

"I'm going..."

"Keep safe!" Lucy waved her hand as she watched him slowly close the door. And she could clearly see the hesitation in his eyes, but she just shrugged it off. "Don't drink too much, okay?! We have classes tomorrow!"

"I won't drink!"

The minutes of staring at her closed door made her smile vanish without her knowing. The roar of his engine and the sound of his car driving away were what snapped her out from her trance. He already left...

Lucy went back on lying on her bed and gently placed the warm bottle of water on her belly before closing her eyes. Natsu will be fine...

THE TINGLING OF her skin caused by the coldness had her eyes fluttered open as it darted at her ceiling. Darkness surrounded her, the moonlight passing through her glass window was keeping her out of lifeless void. "Shit! What time is it?!"

Muttering more curses, Lucy jumped out of her bed and turned the lights on. She looked at the wall clock and found out that it's already nine in the evening. It's been two hours since Natsu left her apartment, and there's no sign that he had returned yet.

Her stomach grumbled, and sighed in relief when she realized that her cramps had lessened. She then went to the kitchen to eat her dinner. After getting a cup noodles from the countertop, she started making a hot water.

Her eyes then landed on her phone above the side table next to her bed. Thinking that Natsu might have texted her, she quickly reached for it. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw a lot of notifications from her social media accounts, mentions from her group chats, and direct messages from her friends, but she only cared about Natsu's contact name that present on her screen.

Fire Dragon
Luce, I went to Gray's pad first because he crashed his damn car yesterday.
Received 7:05 PM

Lucy raised an eyebrow, the image of Juvia crying when she heard that her Gray-sama got in an accident flashed in her head. That reckless racer! But Natsu picked him up to party so she guessed he didn't lose a limb.

We're already here, and there's a lot of people!
Received 7:38 PM

Luce, I can't escape. Help😭
Received 7:52 PM

Lucy's lips formed a smile. College life was stressful, one of the reasons why she wanted him to attend the party. At least for once, he needed to chill out.

Her eyes then widened when her kettle started whistling. After turning off the stove, she went back on reading his messages.

It's so boring here without you.
Received 8:14 PM

Have you already eaten? It's late.
Received 8:24 PM

Hey, are you asleep?
Received 8:30 PM