.16. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇs 1500 ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜғғ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs

LUPIN STRIKES AGAIN

Has Kim Namjoon's pen run dry?

Avid readers of the young best-selling novelist Kim Namjoon must have been quite stunned to realize the bookshelves and aisle displays that were supposed to be filled with his new thriller, scheduled for release yesterday, have remained desperately empty. The publishing house has yet to return our calls or issue a statement regarding the untimely delay, which leads us to think perhaps, this is due to the Lupin curse.

"Park Jimin?"

"Speaking."

"This is Inspector Jeon."

"Oooh. So you've read my piece."

"I have, and let me just say this: if you want this Holmes-Watson thing to work out, you better stop printing articles without consulting me first."

"OK. First of all. I called you last night to get your thoughts on this, but you weren't home. Again. Second of all. Did I hear that right? Are you willing to partner up?"

"Yes, I am."

"You're just saying that to be able to censor me."

"No. In fact, as a token of my sincerity, I'm going to let you in on a little theory I have."

"Hold on. I'm grabbing a pen."

"You won't need one."

"Why not?"

"It's off the record."

"Fine."

"I believe the more you write about Lupin, the more you actually serve his purpose."

"What? How so?"

"If he's looking for attention, and you're giving it to him, then who wins?"

"Oh, I see. But it's too late now. The readers are eating it up. The number of subscribers to the Thames has practically doubled!"

"I don't care. Quit causing a stir."

"OK. Fine. But then you have to give me something to do. Like a mission or whatnot."

"Why?"

"I'll need an alibi to explain why I'm not putting out any more Lupin stories."

"Alright. Let me think about it. Will you be in your office later on to-mmm—"

Jungkook had to shut his mouth tight to choke down the moan threatening to come out as a pair of warm lips began nipping at the skin right below his left ear.

"Huh? What was that?"

"No-nothing. I'm going to —I have to — call you back."

"Are you OK? Because it sounds like you're not."

"I'm f-fine," Jungkook managed to breathe out.

"It actually sounds like you're — panting. OH MY SWEET QUEEN OF HEARTS! YOU'RE NOT HOME, ARE YOU?!"

"W-what?"

"That's why you didn't get my message last night! You stayed at Kim Taehyung's, didn't you?"

Jungkook sworn he could have heard Jimin silently squealing at the other end of the line.

"On second thoughts, don't tell me! I don't need to know. You're a grown man, Inspector Jeon. You do what you want. With whom you want."

"Quit it, will you! I wasn't feeling well — because of the storm — nothing happened."

"Nothing you're saying makes any sense, but I'll let you two be."