8. the harrington hair

Start from the beginning

"So, that's when you kiss her?"

Nora almost throws up for real.

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Romeo. Sure, okay, some girls, yeah. They want you to be more aggressive, y'know? Strong. Hot and heavy. Like a. . . I dunno, like a lion." Nora has refrain from literally stopping in her tracks. "But others," Steve continues. "You gotta be slow. You gotta be stealthy. Like a. . . like a ninja."

"Why me?" Nora whispers under her breath. "Why must I be tortured in this way?"

"What type is Nancy?" Dustin asks, still ignoring Nora's presence altogether.

"Nancy's different," Steve hesitates. "She's different than the other girls."

So is Max. Stop it, Nora.

"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess," Dustin agrees.

"Yeah. Yeah, she is."

"But this girl's special too, you know." Nora wants to cry as Dustin speaks. "It's just, something about her."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey," Steve stops walking, the other two with him. "You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?"

"Uh. . . no?"

Kinda.

"Okay, good. Don't," Steve starts walking again. "She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit," Steve shoots a glance at Nora, but she pretends she doesn't notice.

They walked in silence for awhile as Nora just thought about Max. It's never gonna happen. It's never gonna happen. It's never gonna happen. It's never gonna happen. It's never going to happen. . . But could it happen?

"Fabergé," Steve suddenly speaks up, causing Nora and Dustin to look at him in confusion.

"What?" they ask together.

"It's Fabergé Organics," He points to his hair, and Nora suppressed a grin. Steve just glares at her and turns back to Dustin, "Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when your hair's damp - not wet, okay? Damp - you do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett Spray."

"Farrah Fawcett Spray?" Dustin laughs, and Nora has to look down as to not expose her smile.

"Yeah, Farrah Fawcett," Steve pauses again. "Either of you tell anyone I just told you guys that, and your asses are grass. You're both dead, understand?"

Nora just nods, sniffing a little, thinking she opened her mouth her laughs wouldn't be able to keep from spilling out. "Yep," Dustin says, having a similar problem but hiding it better.

"Good," Steve finalizes.

Nora and Dustin share a look.

・゚: *After awhile of walking, the trio comes across an old junkyard. There is an old, rusty bus and random car parts strewn across a sunlit, open area. It was a nice place to be if it weren't about to turn into a monster trap.

"Oh, yeah," Steve nods, moving down the the hill as he takes his sunglasses (that seemed to appear out of thin air) off. "Yeah this'll do. This will do just fine. Good call, dude."

They start arranging things around the junkyard, placing all their belongings in the bus, and dropping the meat into the center of the area.

"I SAID MEDIUM WELL!" Lucas calls from the top of the hill, smiling and waving as Max stands next to him.

The flowers.

They slowly walked down the hill and make their way over to the group.

"Who is that?" Steve asks, nudging Nora and staring at the redhead.

"Max," Nora answers, almost sadly. She's still thinking about their argument from the other day.

"We need to talk," Dustin grabs Lucas' arm and the four kids leave Steve behind as they head towards an abandoned car.

Nora avoids making eye contact with Max as Lucas explains the entire scenario.

"You told her?" Dustin's eyes widen. Nora is also shocked. . . and upset.

I was going to tell her. I bought flowers and everything. . .

"So what?" Lucas shrugs.

Nora scoffs, "So what? This is too dangerous, Lucas. She could get hurt!" Nora's lying. She knows she's being a hypocrite, but she can't help it. Stop it, Nora.

"Yeah," Dustin agrees. "We all agreed not to tell her and to look for Dart."

"Who you conveniently found," Lucas points out.

"Are you suggesting that I'm lying?" Dustin questions.

"I'm saying you have a creepy little bond with him," Lucas fires.

"Yeah, that was before he turned into a Demogorgon," Dustin responds.

"And neither of you have heard from Mike?" Lucas looks between the two who shake their heads.

"No."

"Will?"

"No."

"Hopper?"

"No!" Dustin shouts. "No one is around! Why do you think I'm with Steve Harrington? Luckily, Nora was here, but I couldn't get in contact with any of you! Something's-"

"-Wrong," Lucas interrupts. "I agree. Which is why, we need as much help as we can get."

The three turn at a grunt from Max, lifting a sheet of metal and putting it over the bus. They all stand and look at her. "She didn't believe me anyway," Lucas shook his head.

"You probably didn't tell it right," Nora hates the jealousy in Dustin's voice. "But maybe it's better that way. It'll keep her safe."

Nora just nods.

"Well, we good?" Lucas holds out his hands with a sigh.

Dustin and Nora smile before Steve suddenly bangs a chair on the car they were by. "Hey, Dickheads! How come I'm the only one helping this random girl? We lose light in forty minutes. Let's go."

The boys sigh and they all make their way over to help. "Hey," Steve pulls Nora back softly. "You gonna be okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Nora acts confused. "It's been, like, a whole day, loser. I'm over her."

Steve just gives her a concerned look before following after the kids.

Nora frowns as she hears Max laugh at something a few feet away.

I'm so not over her.

a/n:
ship names !,!?!!,,!?:):(/6);!4&474):!,!(