"Even if I have feelings for her still, it's obvious she doesn't want anything to do with me." Seokjin sighs dejectedly.

He wasn't wrong. After all Moonbyul had made it a point to continuously remind Jin of their business-only relationship. The- "You're just a client to me." and the- "I'm just doing my job." ringing in his head constantly. 

Not to mention her masterful evasion tactics. She didn't even want to look at Seokjin anymore. The woman was cold and distant now, and Seokjin was deeply hurt. How could she be so cold to him, when he still can't even control himself with her?

"You've come a long way with Irene." Jimin breaks his line of thoughts. "You're okay now. That's why you agreed to this marriage." Jimin says, nodding his head further to convince his own self to believe in Seokjin's hopeless lying.

Jin watches as a wave of relief slowly trickles over his best friend.

"You love Irene." Jimin states. He narrows his eyes to look to the groom for confirmation.

Seokjin glances at his best man before exhaling an exhausted breath.

"I love Irene."

Past December 2013, Seoul Heights Divison

Small talk was her natural enemy which meant Seokjin was her natural enemy. The eccentric, displaced teen seemed to only pester the country bumpkin. Byulyi at every given chance and she was already regretting her decision to make him her friend. Every word out of his mouth was frivolous and felt like it held no meaning whatsoever. Byulyi couldn't stand him, so she tried to stay away from Seokjin.

Tried.

But the other wouldn't leave the girl be and the school system didn't seem to want them to be apart either.

In Sophomore year, Seokjin sat right in front of Byulyi and they somehow always had class duty together and whenever a teacher needed help, it was always Byulyi helping and Seokjin volunteering.

For being a lady-loving idiot, Jin always seemed perfectly happy to do all these things with Moonbyul.

It was a wonder how he never once complained about their circumstances. How Byulyi would always leave early. How she never once mentioned about herself or her likes and dislikes. How she barely even talked. But to Seokjin that didn't matter. It seemed to her that he had already figured her out faster than her own parents even.

Jimin had never seen this type of Jin too.

Seokjin was tapping lightly on Byulyi's shoulders and every jolt seemed to stir her up. The quiet, cold Moonbyul.

Jimin strained his ears as he hovered by the classroom door. It amazed him how fast the year seemed to pass by,

"Just tell me when is your birthday." He heard Seokjin say.

"No."

"C'mon Byulyi, just tell me. I already know. I just need to confirm~"

"Funny how you think you know something but you don't."

"Byulyiiii. Just tell me. It's okay, We're best friends now right—"

"Stop saying that! And don't call me Byulyi!"

The next week passed the same as the first and now that Jimin knew what to look for. It was insanely obvious what was going on. And what was more obvious was that Seokjin was right.

Byulyi was now staring at Seokjin, catching herself and turning away. And now that she used to keep her distance from Seokjin, it was suddenly clear how ridiculously, almost inappropriately close they would sit by each other.