Ch.32: The Final Task

"Curiosity is not a sin, my boys" Dumbledore begins "but we should exercise caution with it" Harry eyes the bowl. "Its a Pensieve; useful thing to have if, like me, if you mind your mind a wee bit cluttered"

"You mean that stuff's your thoughts?" Harry questioned. "Thats... wow"

"Sir? What about Crouch's son?" Y/n asked raising a brow

"Had a talent for tragedy. Much like his father. You see, both felt fundamentally that they possessed the the answers for the ills of this world. So they stopped asking questions. That is, I believe, a mistake we would all do well to avoid"

"I suppose Karkaroff' testimony is what got him released?"

"I suppose you are right. Does he trouble you Y/n?"

"No not really. Just the look in his eye shows that he is a troubled man. At least, I hope, his students turn out to be good people"

"Correct he is a troubling man. I hope the same as you Y/n"

"Why do you want to cancel the Triwizard Tournament sir?" Harry asked

"Both of you, especially you Harry, are in danger. And for the first time I'm not sure where its coming from. Initially I thought it best to let things play out, but then Crouch's death...

Suddenly Harry's scar and Y/n mark began to burn

"Your scar is burning isn't it? What about you Y/n?"

"Nothing. It was just a little reaction I had from the Merpeople's attack"

Dumbledore gave Y/n a look of suspicious before playing with what he believed to be an excuse

"As you say. These dreams you've been having, they've returned"

This caught both Y/n and Harry off by surprise as they both looked at eachother in confusion

"What? You not Sirius' only correspondent"

"They've returned" Harry sighs

"It may be, Harry that these are not really dreams at all. The scar on your forehead is, afterall, no ordinary mark. You and Voldemort ate connected. By a curse that failed"

"You mean to say what I'm dreaming, is actually happening?"

"Yes. But one this doesn't make sense. Why is it that Y/n too has these dreams. Unless Mr. L/n knows something that he'd like to share with me"

"Ok" Y/n sighs. He takes off his sleeve revealing the Death Mark on his left arm

"Of course that would make sense" Dumbledore says in a slightly worried state. "Who else knows of this?"

"Other than Harry. Ron, Hermione, Ray, Jade and Snape"

"Y/n my boy this is a matter that you should have immediately come to me for"

"I know but I'm sorry. I-I was afraid that you were going to send me away. That you would think I'm scheming to bring back Voldemort"

"Y/n you must promise me that no one else will know about this. And I too will have to take precautionary measures to ensure the safety of the students"

"Do whatever it is you need to do"

"I'll have to have a word with Severus about this. I think we've spoken enough. Its time for you two to go"

Y/n walked out of the office leaving Harry behind. Y/n was walking down a corridor when he saw two silhouettes come into view. He saw Snape and Karkaroff speaking to eachother and noticed the Durmstrang headmaster, revealing something on his arm to Snape, however when the boy came into view, he quickly put his sleeve down and left