55.| The Red Door

Start from the beginning

"Still nothing?" Josie questions.

Lucas shook his head. "Nothing. Next," he says right before opening up another door.

MEMORY STARTS.

Through the door revealed past Lucas trying his best to break the group out of the cells the day Triad came. It was obvious he was too weak. He couldn't dare to look at Josie, he hated the fact that she was hurt because of him.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" past Lizzie says scolding her sister.

"With me? You tried jumping in front of Lucas first." past Josie informs her twin with a soft voice.

"Because, if I'm destined to die in my prime, it may as well be in a blaze of hero glory," Lizzie argues

Past Lucas sighed. "Except there was no reason for neither of you to jump in front of me. That bullet was no harm towards me."

"You'd still be in pain," Josie argues.

"I'd rather be suffering than to see you close to dying!" Lucas exclaimed.

"You're unbelievably rude." Josie huffs in pain.

"Who took it upon herself to die in front of my bullet?" Lucas scoffs

Josie frowned. "I didn't want to see you hurt."

Lucas and Josie hold eye contact. And from there the memories disappeared once again.

MEMORY COMES TO AN END.

Lucas sighs in frustration slamming the door shut.

"We're running out of time!" Lucas exclaims frustratedly.

Josie sighs. "Hey, we will get you out of here. Just trust yourself."

"I'm trying, Jo."

"Well, I'm not leaving you until we figure this out." Josie shrugs.

Just as Lucas was about to say a word he noticed that half of the doors in the hallways were disappearing.

"We must be getting closer," Josie smiles.

"Or we're running out of time." Lucas scoffs.

Josie sends the boy a glare before going through another door.

"Josie Saltzman you will be the death of me," Lucas whispers before following through the door.

MEMORY STARTS.

This time Past Lucas was shown setting up for his movie night with Josie, it was a nightly thing. He was happy when he was around her. But his happiness quickly faded when he received a note from his father. After about an hour later Josie came back.

"You started without me," Josie said with a smile, that was washed away with a frown. "What happened?"

Lucas cleared his throat as he wiped his tears. "I got this in the mail," he says handing a letter to the witch. "It's from father, he says he's not returning at all. And he has no intentions to do so. I offered to go over there now that I had my Grace but he told me no—I expected him to be here, to help me. But I guess my expectations were too high." he says as he stood up. "I knew this was going to happen. I mean it's been over a thousand years over there, he's the king of Hell. Of course, he wouldn't come back."

Josie frowned as she looked at the ground. "Luc, look at how far you came. Your dad loves you, I mean that's why he went back. Because he wanted you to live your life, because he saw that you have someone who can help you be happy-ish." she says with a small smile.