13

*Pietro Mancini POV*

My mother had said her goodbyes to the girls, they'd formed a right bond while Tony and I annoyed Chloe behind the cash register. And now we were on our way to the club.

As the cab pulled into the parking lot, Rowan thanked him and we all made our way out of the car and into the club. Surprisingly there were most of our classmates in there. Maybe they'd figured out how to get out of the hotel without being noticed, because I sure didn't.

The lights were dim, the only source of light was the dj's table in the center of the club. Amelie kept her distance from Rowan. I doubted they'd even tried to talk things out. I was surprised to see this since the argument Rowan and I had was simply about the two of us. But I was happy to know that Amelie was on my side, or was she on Tony's?

Rowan had felt alone for months with nobody but Carlo to talk to. At points in time I wondered if Carlo had planned for this to happen, if he had filled her head with lies and turned her against me, but I decided against it and I knew that even he didn't have the ability of mind control.

"Do you want a drink?" Tony yelled over the sound of music. I nodded.

Amelie followed Tony's lead and they disappeared into the crowd.

Things were still awkward with Rowan, she'd been quiet and distanced herself from conversations with everyone.

"Do you want to dance?" She finally said.

"Yeah, sure."

She grabbed onto my hand and pulled me into the crowd of people, getting closer to the sound of music. Amelie and Tony neared us with four shot glasses, which we all happily downed. "Ah!" Tony yelled as he shook his head to get the sour taste out of his mouth.

He twirled Amelie in a circle and led her farther away from the both of us.

"Why'd you come back?" Rowan asked over the sound of the music. "To me, I mean. Why'd you come back to be my friend again?"

I actually hadn't thought about this question much. "It just felt right."

She nodded, "I am sorry."

"I know you are, and I think that's why I wanted you to come back. I know Amelie isn't showing it as of now but we all missed having you around." I said in her ear. I didn't have the energy to have to constantly yell over the music.

"I missed you," She turned away from me to look at the dj. "I missed having you around and being able to jump through your window whenever I felt like it."

At this moment things felt normal again. I felt like nothing had ever happened to change our relationship. No moment in time could ever change this from happening.

"Pietro?" Rowan turned around to face me again. "Ever since I stumbled up to you, you've been so kind to me. Genuine. I know this could change everything but it's what I feel is right."

Rowan placed her hand on my temple and pushed her lips onto mine. Time had stopped and it was only us. Nobody to stop us, to drug us, to kill us. It was only us. It was the girl who's drove me mad, with her annoying smartness and craziness. As girly as it sounded, I could hear my heart beating out of my chest. Butterflies in my stomach and I held her in my own hands and never let her go. Her small figure fit perfectly in my hands and I could only pay attention to the softness of her lips. It's addictiveness made me need more and more, as if I were hungry for her and only her.

Her lips parted mine and she took a step back. As if she's realized what she's just done. "I'm so sorry," She spoke. "I didn't mean to, I'm just-It was probably just the alcohol-"

"It wasn't." I held her face in my hands, "I've been wanting to do that since I'd met you Rowan."

She smiled and rested her face in the palm of my hands. "Beat you to it."

"We'll see about that, Ro."

——————————————————————————

A/N:
I am in fact cutting the chapter short so I can get to a scene I'm very excited to write but I just wanted to make sure I wrote a kiss scene before I move on :).