10

*Pietro Mancini POV*

When I woke up in the morning, I hadn't woken up throughout the night. No nightmares. Rowan lay in my arms, snuggled into my chest. I wiggled my way out from her grip and made my way downstairs. Antonio sat with hit feet up in the air on the couch. "Who's in there?" He asked.

"Rowan," I replied. To which he raised and eyebrow and shook his head with a chuckle. "Don't turn that girl into a heartless monster like you do to everyone else."

I rolled my eyes. My brother had always found a way to turn me into a monster. If I'd rejected those girls after a hook-up and they took it wrong, was it really my fault?

"I'm not as heartless as you think, brother."

"Sure you aren't. When did she get in anyways?"

"Around four, I peeped her and Amelie hanging out through her window."

He shook his head, "You're quite the stalker aren't you?"

I scowled, and in response; Antonio changed the subject. "Did she wake up with you after your nightmares?"

I turned to look at him in his eyes, "How'd you know about my nightmares?"

"Mother told me right before she left." He scoffed as though he was offended that I hadn't presumed he'd already know. "And even if she didn't, did you think I wouldn't notice your screaming throughout most nights?"

I couldn't argue with that one, it seemed reasonable enough. Mother was always a soft one and expected the both of us to care for each other deeply as if we were both fighting for the throne. Why was Antonio fight? Who knew, we both knew the oldest took the throne. And that was me.

"I didn't have one."

".."

"I know, Tony. But even in the hospital when we were both there, together in my bed. I didn't have one afterwards."

Tony patted to the seat on the sofa next to him. I made my way to settle myself next to him. "Brother you know how important this mission is to father. He wouldn't have sent us if he didn't think we could come here, finish the mission, and leave directly-"

A knock alarmed us, it had only just struck seven and no one was expected. Tony reached for the gun stuffed in the couch cushion and motioned for me to open the door once he'd gotten an aim at the doorway. Reluctantly, I opened the door slowly.

"Tada!" Amelie's loud voice cleared away any nervousness I'd had a moment before and on the corner of my eye I watched Tony's body relax as well. "I saw Rowan in your room from her window, so I decided to bring some clothes." She said and made her way inside, uninvited.

"Actually, I should go wake her up." She stopped in front of the kitchen. "You have a beautiful home by the way."

"Amelie!" Tony called out for her from the living room. He had already hidden the gun back in place before she could see him. And when she did, she forgot about her task to wake up Rowan, throwing the clothes at me and hopping onto the couch next to my brother.

"I guess I'll go bring these to her." I mumbled to myself.

I creaked the door open, not sure if Rowan had already gotten up and dressed. To my surprise, she'd already showered and had been brushing her teeth in the bathroom mirror. "Clothes! Thank god, repeating outfits is not something I like to do often,"

She gave me a pleasant smile and she had finally caught a moment of realization. "Oh my, I hope im not intruding!" She said and started to gather her things on the bathroom floor. Black laced panties. I thought. Oh stop it, Pietro, as if you haven't seen them before.