5

*Rowan Pinada POV*

I sat at my desk alone. Fucking school, they make this hard on purpose. Having to juggle school and this internship would probably be the most difficult part of my life. Distracted, I peeked up and into my neighbor's window. I watched as a girl came out of his shower, him trailing behind her. She grabbed her clothes and pulled her bra over her head with her panties shortly after.

Her body was exquisite. Perfectly curved and loaded in all the right places, like she was molded from god himself. Of course he sleeps with models, oh wait.

I squinted my eyes and tried to get a good look at the girl brushing her teeth with Pietro. The long brown hair looked familiar and only after she turned did I realize it was Katherine.

Pietro followed her into his bedroom and placed kisses onto her neck. She threw her head back and excitedly jumped onto him. For a second, only a second, he caught my gaze. He smirked and continued to cup her head in his hands. He kept my stare and continued to do anything she wanted. When she pulled at his shirt, he took it off. She motioned to the bed, he carried her there. He never broke our staring competition as he kissed from her lips to her chest. Her feet curled on the bed as she pulled him closer to her.

Did he want to make me jealous? Had he been acting out from the incident during lunch, and if so how could a man be so childish? I'd only been honest, carefully trying not to hurt his feelings in any way.

She pulled him by his chain to meet her eye. And only then did he break our gaze to each other. She whispered something in his ear that made him stop and freeze up. He stood up, grabbed his wallet from his nightstand, and handed her money.

Wow, that was brutal. I thought to myself as she scoffed and left his room. "Would you like to come inside?" He called from his window. His voice pulled me out of my trance. His accent, thicker than it had been during the day. He was oozing with confidence as he leaned against his window sill, but still. He was immature. "Actually, I'd love to."

I closed my window blinds and walked over to my closet, pulling a brown crewneck over my head and pulling white jeans up my thighs. I tiptoed my way downstairs, careful not to step on the middle parts because those, I knew creaked the most. I ran across the grassy fronts on both our yards and knocked on Pietro's door.

"What?" A cold voice spat at me as it opened the door. After a few seconds to realize what I'd just done did I realize it was not Pietro, but Antonio. He stood with his hair a mess and a white tank top and black jeans, in front of me.

He eyed me as he had before. "Antonio, nice to see you again."

"Rowan, was it? You don't seem as clumsy as you had the first time I saw you." He eyed me hungrily as if I were prey for him to eat. I stopped my eyes on Pietro who had been standing at the top of the staircase. "I came to see you, Antonio."

I met Antonio's eyes once again but this time he was more surprised than hungry. "You came to see me?"

"Yes, I just wanted to get to know you a little more." I teased and pushed him playfully. "You seem like such an interesting person, someone I'd want to get to know more about."

"Come in." He opened the door a little more than he had before and as I entered I noticed Pietro was gone. This may be something I regret, but after that stunt, who cared. Pietro should've known, two can play at that game. I followed him onto the couch which had an incredibly deep outline of his ass.

"So, Rowan," Antonio handed me a soda. "How long have you been living here?" he asked.

Getting to know me first, better than your brother, Tony. "My entire life actually, I've never been the type to move around every other year." I sipped from my cup and scooted closer to Antonio. "And you?" I asked. He raised his eyebrow, of course, you forget already! They moved in two days ago. You complete and utter idiot. I choked on the soda as I argued with my own thoughts, "As in why'd you move here."

Antonio pulled on the neck of his shirt and shifted in his seat, "We were ready for some adventure. Things get a little boring staying in the same place for too long if you ask me." He looked towards the staircase as he sipped on his drink. "Brother! Finally, you come out of that room of yours." Tony made eye contact with me and raised his eyebrows with an eye-roll. "That brother of mine never comes out of his room." He whispered and pointed his index finger towards Pietro, who had made himself comfortable on one of the kitchen stools. He took a drag of the cigarette that was waiting for him before speaking; "Had to come downstairs and greet the company of course,"

"That girl of yours was in such a rush when she was leaving wasn't she," Antonio asked. "Didn't make her finish?" He laughed. Pietro scowled before slamming the stool against the table and making his way to the stairs. I jumped in surprise as he did so. "How about we go up to my room?" Antonio stroked my shoulder with his finger and a cold soda can.

I'd really started to regret this. With Antonio's relentless flirting and Pietro's bad mood, this plan was starting to seem unsuccessful. "Actually, I have work tomorrow, so I think I'd better get going,"

Antonio frowned, "At least let me walk you to your door?"

I nodded, set the soda can on the coffee table in front of me and followed Antonio to the front door and outside. "Listen," He said before stopping me in front of my door. "I know what you were doing in there. And as much as I love fucking with my brother, I'd rather get to know your friend, Amelie. Although you have my sincerest apologies if you genuinely have feelings for me."

I took a sigh of relief before letting a small smile out. "You're a smart one, ain't ya."

"Always have been." He winked, "So Amelie?"

Amelie was a difficult one to catch. She'd always been on the run, adventurous, sassy. If anything she was the female version of Pietro, but more cockiness. "You'll just have to try your hardest." I smiled.

"See you tomorrow, Piet-"

I froze and stopped myself from reaching for the doorknob. I turned back to Antonio, "Antonio, I meant Antonio."

"Goodnight, Rowan"

"Night,"