Chapter Thirteen

The next morning was like any other ordinary days where Huang Zhangwei would invite Xu Liang in his every meal that it seems like nothing had happened last night.

"If he likes to act as if nothing happened last night, then be it. That's better that having an awkward atmosphere around during the meal" Xu Liang thought as he sneak a glance on Huang Zhangwei

"Shit, why am I the only one who's affected?! This is so unlike me, where's the professionalism I've been so proud of?"

While Xu Liang keep his thoughts wonder around, he hadn't notice that he would sometimes glance at Huang Zhangwei which made Huang Zhangwei uncomfortable and looked at him.

Both eyes meet.

"What? Something wrong with my face?" Huang Zhangwei couldn't take it anymore and said while his eyebrows wrinkled as he caught Xu Liang glance

Huang Zhangwei's question made Xu Liang came to his sense and realized that he stole glances at Huang Zhangwei unconsciously which made him feel guilty as he was caught in the act

Xu Liang shakes his head as response. He lowered his head to hide and eat the meal in front of him.

Seeing such reaction from Xu Liang made Huang Zhangwei's mood calm down and continued eating. The smirk on his lips was evident.

That kind of reaction and interaction couldn't escape from Xiao Ru's eyes. It seems that his prayers had been answered. Xiao Ru's wish was only simple, to let his wangfei had a stable position despite being a 'male wangfei' to avoid any mishaps in the future and to see his wangfei living a free, comfortable and happy life.

Seeing such interactions between Xu Liang and Huang Zhangwei made Xiao Ru's worried heart to put at ease hoping this will continue for the better.

"Wang Ye, Gao Feng gonzi is here to seek for your presence" a servant from outside suddenly spoke aloud

Xiao Ru's dreamy thoughts were interrupted from the sudden noise.

"Let him in"

It wasn't only Gao Feng who came in, he came together with a lady who seems to be in her eighteen or so age. She had a sculpted figure which was twine-thin. Her waist was tapered and she had a flawless white complexion that seems like a the sun hadn't touch a single part of her body. A brunette hair flowed over her shoulders. Her every moved were followed with demure. Just a single glance, one would already knew that his young lady in front of them has a noble back ground.

"Gao Fang greets DingXiang Weng Ye and YuanJun Wang Fei" 

"Mei Rong greets DingXiang Weng Ye and YuanJun Wang Fei" 

Both people greeted Huang Zhangwei and Xu Liang in unison

DingXiang was the title given by the late emperor to Huang Zhangwei which means stability and fortune. It was given to him when he started to manage the army, believing that his son, Huang Zhangwei would bring stability and fortune towards the the country and its people.

"En, raise your heads. Don't be too formal. What's the urgent matter that makes the newly wedded couple have to come personally in Xin Yue Palace?"

"This concerns about the-" Gap Fang stop halfway and looked sideways

Noticing Gao Fang's actions, Huang Zhangwei knew that it wasn't a simple matter. He motion Gao Fang to discussed it with him on his study and let Xu Liang accompany Mei Rong while waiting for them.