"I just want to hold you. I miss you."

Hearing the sadness in his voice, Shaugn sighed and let Xoan hold him tight. What was he supposed to do in this situation? Even though he was given permission and was technically married to the man, he didn't want to be too intimate with Xoan just yet. Xoan still thought he was OG Shaugn. Even though they were similar and he now had this body, it wasn't the same.

This was all so messed up. He frowned. Hopefully, the priests here knew a lot about soul stuff and could help him solve this predicament he was in. "Are you going to court tomorrow?"

Xoan nodded against his shoulder. "Aya. Hopefully, there won't be any disputes between neighbors over pasture grazing or disobedient children."

Shaugn couldn't help but chuckle. "We should get to bed and rest. You don't want to be sleeping on the throne in the middle of court, majesty." He stood and shivered as the cold air hit his heated skin. Xoan didn't move. His eyes were fixated on the water beading off Shaugn's body.

"Earth to Xoan."

Blinking, Xoan looked up and gave Shaugn a lopsided smile.

"What's with you and my stomach?"

"Nothing."

Shaugn raised a brow and put a hand on his hip. "Uh...huh."

Xoan rose out of the water and pulled him close. Shaugn's eyes widened as he felt something hard press against his belly. Damn the man for being tall and well endowed.

"Let's get you out of the cold and into bed." Xoan kissed the corner of his mouth.

His stomach fluttered and Shaugn gripped Xoan's wandering hands. "To sleep, your majesty."

Xoan smirked. "Of course." He placed a soft kiss on Shaugn's lips and carried him out of the bath. Shaugn focused on his breathing and trying to name all the different types of butterflies he knew in an effort to keep his little self from reacting. He wasn't a virgin by any means and the heavens knew it had been a while since he'd gotten laid. He just didn't want to embarrass himself cumming by touch.

Oh, and let's not forget the secret guards skulking about.

Shaugn scanned the room trying to find the hidden guard as they toweled off and redressed. "Xoan."

Xoan toweled off his wet tresses before putting on a new sleep shirt. "Yes, zinzin?"

Shaugn pulled the soft nightshirt on and pulled on his shorts. After he was able to get out of bed on his own, he had the royal seamstress make him shorts to wear and shorten all the nightgowns in his wardrobe except for three. Just in case.

"Do the shadow guards stick around even when we are in bed?"

"They serve as extra eyes and ears in case someone tries to assassinate us in our sleep." Xoan tied his hair up and hung up the damp towel.

"What about when we are..." he trailed off and looked at Xoan with a 'you know' look.

Xoan raised a brow. "Yes."

How embarrassing. Shaugn could feel his face burning. That means they could see and hear everything.

"Something wrong?"

Shaugn tugged on the front of his shirt. "Could they...ya know...while we are doing...intimate stuff? Or bathing?"

"No."

"You didn't even think about it," Shaugn huffed. He threw his towel at Xoan and dived under the blankets.

Xoan hung the towel up. "What's there to think about? This is how it has always been. Besides," he slid into bed next to Shaugn and pulled him close. "-had they been there that night, you wouldn't have been attacked."

Shaugn detected a bit of anger underlying Xoan's tone. Guess he wasn't as calm as he'd seemed. "Fine." He laid his head on Xoan's hard chest and sighed. What a worrywart. Shaugn closed his eyes.

After a while, Xoan spoke in a soft voice. "I can have them stay outside when we are...intimate if you prefer."

"And bathing." Shaugn hissed as Xoan pinched his side. "Mean ass."

"Don't push it."

Shaugn gave him a goofy smile. "Thank you."

Xoan kissed him. "Goodnight, zinzin."

"Goodnight." Shaugn closed his eyes and soon drifted off. A warm hand stroked his hair before lips kissed his forehead.

"You heard."

Several black-robed men appeared at the foot of the bed. "Yes, your majesty."

Piercing, jade slivers looked them over. "Stay close."

They bowed. "As you command, your majesty." The black blurs disappeared from the room just as swiftly as they'd arrived. Xoan waited until he could no longer feel any of their presence then looked down at the sleeping man in his arms with a pensive expression.

"What secrets are locked away in that head of yours, Shau?"