5

The Interview

After the unexpected—and rather secret—date Haechan has taken his girlfriend to, he then drives straight to the Kims' residences. Even at the slightly late hour of 9, his black car is immediately let inside the gates and he parks in front of the big white mansion.

"Good evening, Sir Haechan." One of the housekeepers greets when the door is opened for him.

"Where's Saemi?" He asks flatly.

"At the pool, sir."

He storms the living room, towards the backyard where the pool is located. He knows exactly where she is at this cold weather, and he rolls his eyes at the amount of electricity she's wasting.

Haechan doesn't always go to the Kims' residences. In fact, he thinks it's been a year or so since his last visit, but he knows every nook and corner of the big mansion as if it's his own. As does she in his own house.

They may dislike each other, but there's no taking away the fact that they were childhood friends and in extension, they both memorize all the spaces in each other's homes.

That's why Haechan angrily slides the glass doors that leads to the pool. The lights from the pool bounce off the waters, making the open area look a little bluish.

It feels calming at this time of the evening, Haechan thinks, but he's far from being calm when he sees the familiar figure of his fiancée inside the jacuzzi that's beside the pool.

Her flawless back greets him, light brown hair tied up in a loose bun.

"Saemi." He calls out in a snarl a feet from the hot tub.

He watches as she turns around, her red sequin bikini top taut on her wet skin.

"Oh, you're here." Her lips are just as red, and she flashes a smile at him. "I'm glad Yerim relayed my message to you. Of course, you could've just texted or called back. But I guess you wanted to see me."

Haechan rolls his eyes, but he can't deny how 'distracted' he is at the sight before him. And he knows she can see that.

He hates the fact that whatever she's attempting to do, it's slightly working.

"Aww, don't be shy," Saemi's words are teasing, her tone sultry. "You can look all you want b—"

Haechan scoffs and smirks. "Keep dreaming, princess. You and I both know that the only person I'm willing to fuck is my girlfriend."

"Um, first of all, eww. Second, as if I'd let your hands touch me." Saemi fires back calmly as she stands up and gets out of the hot tub.

She walks towards the nearest sun lounger, fetching her bathrobe to wear. A bit loose so as to tease him a bit more.

"As I was saying, you can look all you want, but you're not allowed to touch this." She gestures to her body.

Her fiancé arches an eyebrow, surprise taking over his features when she stands right in front of him, her skin glistening from the droplets of water.

"Anyway, both our parents want me to personally remind you that we have an interview with Star Daily on Tuesday next week. Though, in my opinion, this method of trying to get us 'closer' with each other is getting really old and boring." She plays with his dyed hair, gently brushing some locks away from his eyes. "So if you don't mind, I'd like you to leave now."

Haechan watches amusingly as her right hand subtly touches his thin necklace. He may have felt a slight tingle on his skin.

And he knows what she's trying to do. But two can play this game.