16

Like Home

"It's cute, though. Haechan, Full Sun. But I like your real name better. It sounds like... like home."

When Haechan hears that for the first time, he thinks, there were things that can never change about a person even if they lost their memories.

He thinks it's a cool fact.

I like your name better, though. It sounds like home to me.

Remarkable, or something along that line.

"Why'd you change it?"

"I like what it means. Besides, I'm just like the sun."

"What, like, super hot?"

"Your words, not mine."

"Wha-I mean-I didn't mean 'hot' as in 'very sexy' but like literally hot."

"I know, I'm just messing with you. But admit it, you do think I'm hot, don't you?"

"Oh, please. You don't need my opinion on that. Your head's already big as it is."

"What a day to be alive! The famous and ever perfect Kim Saemi thinks I'm hot. You should throw a party, you know."

"What? Why me?"

"Because you finally admit that you like me."

"Shut the hell up, Haechan. Or should I say, Lee Donghyuck?"

"Alright, alright, I'll shut up. Just don't call me Donghyuck anymore. It's not befitting for a bright and 'super hot' guy like me."

"Whatever, Lee Donghyuck."

"Stop."

"Donghyuck."

"I said stop."

"Lee Donghyuck."

"You should be calling me 'oppa.' I'm older than you."

"Psh. You're only a month older."

"One month and one day, in case you forgot."

"Doesn't make any difference. And I'll call you whatever I want, Lee Donghyuck."

Haechan remembers the way the wind blew, the way the sun shone faintly, the way that day went.

It was memorable, that day at the amusement park. It was three years ago, but he still remembers it.

Her teasing smile, it was cute. He was annoyed, but she was cute.

Ttalgi was in her hands, and she stared affectionately towards it.

Haechan remembers it. The way the wind blew her hair. The way the sun shone faintly on her skin. The way that day went with her.

It was perfect.

The way she said those words for the first time, it was familiar. Like he's known it forever. Like it's the only thing that's absolutely true.

"I like your name better, though. It sounds like home to me."

And when Saemi said those words again at the picnic, with her lost memories and all, he thinks, there are things that can never change about a person even when they lose their memories.

He thinks, it's a fact worth treasuring.