Ch6: An Absolute Friendship

Start from the beginning

"Your collections looks sick dude" I gasped and my eyes sparkled with admiration, browsing through his books and robots.

"It's nothing cool about it actually" He said quitely and opens the box with his quirk.

"Huh..." I whispered at myself and the paper on his table caught my attention for a second.

'UA high? He also kinda reminds me of tama-senpai...' I stared at the paper for too long not realizing he's approaching me.

"Hey. What are you staring at?"

I yelp in surprise and see he's looking at me confused. I spoke fumbling my words, "Oh... ah... I'm just wondering why are you up so early just to get that thing, you know someone will deliver it later in the morning" I pointed the box that he's holding.

"I don't want to waste time, so I want to workout early as possible" His hand began to sharpen into spikes and continue to cut the package open, I helped him pulled out a heavy punching bag.

"But why won't you go to gyms the instead" I looked at him again.

"Going to gym is too much hassle you know, plus in here I could workout whenever I want" He rest his body at the floor, feeling satisfied at his progress.

I sit beside him and quickly realized that I haven't introduced myself smiling at him, "Oh sorry that I came up to you without introducing myself, names Yagi (Name) nice meeting you neighbor!"

"Then my names Kirishima Eijjiro nice to meet you too neighbor" He said quitely and smiled melancholy.

I looked at his red eyes intently and spoke with a serious voice, "said it again with more enthusiasm"

"Why?"

"Just do it."

He bite his lower lip and hunch his shoulders, "MY NAME IS KIRISHIMA EIJJIRO NICE MEETING YOU!"

I laugh a little bit and smiled at him warmly, 'Maybe... maybe this the start of our friendship, after all he's kinda cute!'

---

Moments past from the conversation earlier, me and kirishima began closer to each other. It really takes time to find his determination, since he has low self esteem. We talk about both of our quirks and he's impressed of mine, but not on his.

Kirishima's POV:

"Hey, I saw your application form on your table earlier, UA highschool is crossed out, then it's back again... what happened?" (Name) pressed both her hands to her cheeks on her face and my body stiffens hearing that.

"Oh that? So I was right about you staring about something earlier " I run my hand to my hair and sighed.

"I mean you could tell me that you're not comfortable talking to it" She looked at me with a relaxed face, her voice is very calming.

"No it's ok, I got disheartened and anxious before being a hero. I always ask myself, am I worth it to become a hero? Attending that school seems so grand to me and kids attend there... with their quirks being so flashy and amazing"

"But... my quirk is a little lame...man I'm honestly boring" I continued and my eyes starts to welled up of tears rolling down my face like rivulet.

My body starts shaking and I tried to wipe my tears out, but it is not enough to wipe it by hand.

Her eyes widened in sadness, then she slowly approach me and hug me gently patting my back slowly, "Hey now, even though your quirk isn't flashy as the others. You can use it protect others out of danger like a shield or a weapon on them."