53.| Yup, It's a Leprechaun, All Right

Start from the beginning

"Uh, I just came back from trying to help MG speed up the cooking." Brooklyn chuckles. "We kind of forgot the oven doesn't have vampire speed."

Josie laughs. "I could help with that... I just need to be back at school by lunch."

Brooklyn hums. "You sure you want to skip class?"

"I'll be fine, come on,"  Josie says before she leads them outside.

The two made their way to the garden.

"So what are we doing here, exactly?" Brooklyn questions, glancing around the room.

Josie ignores the girl and looks through the bushes.

"Well, you know maybe if you told me what we were looking for I could help pick up the pace." Brooklyn huffs.

"I'm moving as fast as I can." Josie huffs as she walks past her.

"I get that— it's just that, I've got a thing— and I'm pretty sure you have a thing." Brooklyn pushes. "And that still reminds mysterious to me."

Josie looks up. "I have a study date at lunch with my new lab partner, Finch."

Brooklyn smiles widely. "So that's why you're all dressed up."

Josie shrugs. "I'm sure it's not much of a big deal as I'm making it. But this is my first date since— well me and Lucas. So—"

"I get it," Brooklyn says when she notices Josie begins to look upset. "I'm sure he'd be happy that you're putting yourself out there again."

"There's a herb that would help MG out, if he puts it in his dough it would help him bake it at half the time," Josie says she she continues to look around.

"Well that's perfect," Brooklyn says. "You wouldn't happen to know of a week that would help with... I don't know— figuring out breaking points?"

"Umm, not off the top of my head why?" Josie questions right before plucking a leaf out. "Bingo! Or maybe it's this one."

She was now holding up two different plants that looked exactly alike.

"They both look the same to me." Brooklyn slowly says with a hint of confusion.

"I know the one that we want tastes like cinnamon... and the lower school has access to this part of the garden which means nothing is dangerous..." Josie rambles before lifting the plants. "So pick one."

Brooklyn narrows her eyes at the plants before pointing at the plant on the left. "This one."

With that, Josie placed the plant into her mouth causing her to slightly throw up inside. "It doesn't taste like cinnamon. If anything it's minty— and honestly, there's no need to rush, my study date isn't a real date right because I'm not ready for that."

"O-okay, this took a turn," Brooklyn says.

"And I don't even know why I'm trying this because it's clearly obvious I'm not over Lucas—" Josie placed her hand on her mouth in shock. "Brooklyn—oh my god, don't tell anyone I said what."

Brooklyn smirks. "I knew it. But what the hell did you take."

"Truth weed." Josie groans as she walks away to one of the seat swings.

Brooklyn follows behind. "Why didn't you even break up with Lucas if you like him still?"

Josie sighs. "I didn't break up with him, he broke up with me for Hope. You know— that really hurt."

"I'm sure it did," Brooklyn replies as she watches the ex-witch laydown. "We should probably get going. We both have places to be."

"There's no point. I'm already late. And even entertaining the thought of dating Finch is just pathetic." Josie shrugs.