Chapter 14: Panicking from Change

After a long and relaxing bath, Amity had changed into a purple nightgown that reached her knees and returned to bed. She was somehow not wide awake after a ten hour nap but Amity didn't want to think about it as she got back under her covers to sleep once more. As the youngest Blight slept in her bed, slowly shifting from a normal position to an abnormal position, the small numb on her lower back continued to grow through the night. Getting longer and longer as Amity was none the wiser. Hours had passed as the night soon became day and Amity was slowly waking as the morning sun blasted her closed eyes.

"Mmm." Amity moaned out as she blinked her eyes open, covering her eyes as she quickly turned around. "Stupid sun, it's Saturday. Let me sleep."

Though the sun didn't leave her be as the light reflected off a picture frame and back in her face, making Amity groan even more!

"Urgh! Fine! I'm up!" Amity said as she slowly rose from her bed, popping her back as she walked to her bathroom. "Even in a Saturday, when mom and dad are away, life won't leave me be."

Coming to the light switch, Amity flicked it on and yawned in the mirror as she grabbed her toothbrush and toothpaste. A dollop on the brush and Amity began to brush her teeth as she looked at her messy hair until she saw something swinging behind her, like an abomination tendril trying to form something but failing.

'What is that and why is it in my bathroom?' Amity thought as he eyes followed it. 'Well whatever it is, I'm getting rid of it. I'm not in the mood to deal with this today.'

Using her left hand, Amity reaches for it and grabs the tendril tightly before feeling a sudden chill up her spin and spits out her toothpaste!

"OW! What the heck?!" Amity shouted as she looked to the tendril, following its lead until...she sees... it's attached to her lower back. "Oh, I have a tail."

Amity stared the tail, brown color matching the top of her hair with a white tip, for a moment before her eyes widened in shock and she gave a loud scream that echoed through the bathroom! Letting it go in shock, Amity dropped her toothbrush and noticed her fingernails were sharp as knives!

"Aah!" She screamed again as she looked at the in front of the mirror, suddenly noticing her teeth were sharper and her eyes had become cat like! "AAHHH!"

'What is happening to me?! Why do I have claws, fangs, and a tail?!' Amity thought in shock and fear.

Outside of the her bathroom and outside of Amity's room, Emira and Edric had heard the screaming coming frim their sister's room and immediately rushed to check on her.

"Amity!" they shouted as they ran to her room.

As Amity was panicking about her new features, her ears suddenly picked up of her siblings running to her room and that was not something Amity needed right now!

"No no no! You two are the last thing I need right now!" Amity said as she rushed back to her bed to hide herself, wiping her lips free of toothpaste.

Placing herself under the covers, Amity jumped with a scream as she saw the door was kicked in and the twins gazed around the room in worry before looking at Amity!

"Amity, what happened?!" Edric asked in worry!

"We heard screaming!" Emira shouted at her.

Somehow feeling her eyes return to normal while gripping the covers in a way to hide her nails, Amity quickly thought of something to say so the scream could be seen as natural.

"I-It's nothing! Just a nightmare." Amity said as she wiped her forehead, making it appear she had fear sweat on her brow.

"Are you alright? Do you need anything?" Emira asked as she walked up to her sister, wanting to check on her.