his eyes scanned the picture for a moment and he realized that the photo was of a little girl. after another brief observation, he realized that it was you.

another headache returned to him and he dropped the photo and held his head while grunting in pain. the ache wouldn't stop and suddenly he was visioning something.

"holy fuck, you're adorable."
"my mom took that when i was six."
"can i have it?"
"no."
"why not? if you let me have this photo, i'll let you have one of mines when i was six years old too."

the vision ended there and eren shook his head, the scene coming back into his mind perfectly. it was the first ever memory to stay and he began to deeply ponder about it.

"eren! where are you, it's been five minutes, let's go!" he heard his mother holler for him down stairs. eren quickly brushed the thought away and gathered his things, along with the photo of you and stuffing it into his pocket before leaving.

𖤐

"eren? what are you doing here?" jean questioned upon seeing the emerald green eyed male. he was standing hesitantly in front of the church where the wedding ceremony was being held, and whenever he saw sasha, he felt relief.

"oh jean! hey!" eren smiled and jean tilted his head still confused. "can you please give this to (y/n) for me? i don't know if i'm able to give it to her in person because she might not want to see me.. and reiner might not allow that either. i also have to leave in a bit, so— please give it to her for me," eren explained as he handed the envelope to sasha.

jean glanced up at eren and then back down at the letter before taking it into his own hands. "i'm sure you can see her, reiner won't know anything about it—" jean began but eren shook his head.

"it's fine, i'm sure she doesn't want to see me. so please just give this to her for me," eren spoke, making jean frown more. "if you want, you can chat with mikasa a bit—"

"no it's fine, i will later. you seem to be in a rush for the airport, i'll give this to (y/n)," jean said and eren nodded his head, giving jean a smile before it became silent.

"well.. see you later jean," eren spoke and jean just nodded as they continued to stare at each other before eren turned around and returned to the vehicle where mikasa was waiting at. whenever he entered the car, the driver began to drive away from the church and eren saw jean return inside of the building with the letter.

"eren—" mikasa began but eren quickly stopped her.

"if you're going to say something about (y/n)— don't," eren said and mikasa quickly sealed her lips, turning her gaze away from him.

the rest of the ride was silent and before they knew it, they were parked right outside of the airport. eren and mikasa got out of the vehicle while the driver began to unload the last bags for eren from the trunk. his parents along with zeke were standing somewhere, waiting for their arrival.

carla immediately went up to her son whenever she saw him approach them, holding his cheeks in her hands. "oh my precious baby, are you really, really serious about going to new york?" she questioned again and eren nodded his head.

"i'm sure mom, please don't worry," eren said with a grin as he placed a hand over hers. his mother frowned and sighed.

"maybe i should go with you, eren," mikasa spoke as she approached the family from behind.