More than just surviving

Start from the beginning

"Get up. You can't be weak now. You need to be strong to find your daughter's killer and avenge her death," Ae-gyo said through gritted teeth without turning around. Oh Yoon-hee sniffed as she looked at her. She sounded so much like Su-ryeon. It hurt her even more to know that it wasn't her friend the one standing there. She wanted nothing more than to be held by her. Oh Yoon-hee closed her eyes again and hugged herself. She wanted her back. She wanted Su-ryeon back so badly. Her absence was killing her. "Don't let them destroy you," Ae-gyo added when she noticed that the younger woman wasn't replying. She looked at her over her right shoulder and saw her covering her mouth with one of her hands. She looked so miserable her heart ached.

"I don't want to be strong. I have nothing left in this world," Oh Yoon-hee replied, hopelessly. Her daughter was dead, her husband was having feelings for Cheon Seo-jin, and Su-ryeon was long gone. She was alone. She had no one to rely on. Ae-gyo cleared her throat. It took all of her strength not to run back to her and embrace her in a hug.

"Pull yourself together. You're a mother and you have a duty to your daughter. Cry, yell or hit something. Just don't stay still," Ae-gyo muttered as impartiality as she could.

"It's easy for you to say that. You have never been a real mother. You don't know what it is like to lose a child!" Oh Yoon-hee shouted, walking towards her. Ae-gyo swallowed as she turned around to face her. "All you care about is money!" Oh Yoon-hee yelled, looking at her right in the eyes. She saw the anger building up inside her.

"Watch it! I have killed people for less," Ae-gyo shouted back, putting on a façade. Oh Yoon-hee chuckled.

"Then kill me! What are you waiting for?" she asked her, provoking her. Oh Yoon-hee put her hands on Ae-gyo's shoulders and pushed her back twice. "Kill me! I was destined to be punished for what I did and I would rather it be you than him." Ae-gyo held her by the wrists and stopped her outburst of anger. Their eyes met and the impostor's lower lip trembled. That slight reaction would be enough to reveal her real identity. It didn't match the coldness of her face. "Kill me now!" Oh Yoon-hee yelled with tears in her eyes. Ae-gyo's heart tore apart at the sight of her dearest friend being in such a pain, a pain she could relate to. Not long after the first evidence, that is, the trembling lip, came the second one. A single tear rolled down her right cheek and it was enough for Oh Yoon-hee to put it all together.

"It's you, isn't it?" Oh Yoon-hee asked her in a whisper after a couple of seconds. They held each other's gaze until Ae-gyo looked away. There was no use in denying it, yet she didn't want to say the words out loud. She didn't want to risk her safety. Oh Yoon-hee, unaware of her inner battle, swallowed and stepped forward. Her right hand went to Ae-gyo's short hair to remove the black wig. She watched in relief as it fell to the floor and Su-ryeon's long brown hair fell gracefully over her shoulders. Oh Yoon-hee covered her mouth with both hands. "Shim Su-ryeon," she whispered before throwing herself at her. Su-ryeon bit her lip as she tried to stop the sobs. Oh Yoon-hee hugged her tightly. She had missed her touch, her smell, her warmth.

"I'm sorry, Oh Yoon-hee," Su-ryeon managed to mutter with a broken voice. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, putting her arms around the younger woman. She was so relieved to finally being able to spend time with her. She inhaled her perfume and noticed that it hadn't changed at all. The realization put a smile on her face. Oh Yoon-hee sniffed and stepped back to look at her.

"I'm sorry too," Oh Yoon-hee replied, gazing into her eyes. Su-ryeon's black eyeliner was ruined, yet she looked as beautiful and regal as ever. Su-ryeon gave her a shy smile before kissing her temple. Oh Yoon-hee couldn't help but smile. That was the most intimate moment that she had shared with someone else in those two years, for being with Yoon-chul didn't compare to what she felt when she was in her arms. Su-ryeon stepped back and Oh Yoon-hee realized what an advantage it was that Su-ryeon was taller than her. Yoon-hee swallowed as her eyes went to the other woman's lips. She didn't know how long she had been staring at them, but without giving it too much thought, her hands went to the collar of Su-ryeon's black leather jacket as she brought her closer to her. Oh Yoon-hee stood on her tiptoes and swallowed when she felt Su-ryeon's warm breath against her face.

"Oh Yoon-hee," Su-ryeon whispered, nervously. The younger woman looked at her before focusing on her lips again. After having lost her once and having been through hell, she wasn't about to let anything hold her back.

"Can I?" Oh Yoon-hee asked her, licking her own lips. She was growing impatient. Su-ryeon swallowed and nodded eagerly. Yoon-hee smiled and parted her lips before leaning in. Su-ryeon felt her heart pounding in her chest. Her hands were sweaty and her cheeks turned bright pink. She closed her eyes and gasped when Oh Yoon-hee soft lips crashed against hers. Their lips fit perfectly. Yoon-hee's touch brought her back to life. Never before had she been told so many things through one single kiss. Su-ryeon's hands went to Yoon-hee's waist. She needed to bring her impossibly closer. The younger woman smiled into the kiss. She had daydreamed about kissing Su-ryeon for years now. She couldn't believe that that was actually happening. Even though she had many questions to ask her, she thrusted them aside, for all that she needed in that moment was to be reminded that life was more than just surviving.

—————

What do you think? You know that I love to read your comments. 👀

-A.