Chapter 1- brilliant

Okay so author speaking- I know that this isn't amazing writing, I'm just simply trying my hand and playing around with it, all of these characters belong to JK rowling and although I do not respect her as a person I respect her as a writer, and I love the Harry Potter universe. Constructive criticism is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you and enjoy the chapter.

——————————————————————

"No! I will not eat this! It's laughable!" The pig of a boy squealed, kicking his chubby ten year old feet against the wood of the table while banging his red fists on his rather wide chair.

Harry rolled his eyes at his obnoxious cousin. He should be grateful for whatever he got. Harry certainly didn't get the delicacy of beans on toast in the morning, unlike his dramatic relative. He'd be lucky if he got the crust of the bread that Dudley, said cousin, was currently throwing around the kitchen.

"Oh, Dudders dear, please, it's your number one meal of the day, you must eat it, you're growing thinner by the day!" His boney mother shrieked, trying desperately to calm her son down.

Harry personally thought Dudley didn't need any more food, he could clearly live without it for a couple of weeks.

"But I don't want this! I told you I wanted eggs and sausages! Not this! It's like dog food! Are you trying to kill me mummy?" Dudley questioned flailing his arms in the air, beans on toast in hand, splattering it on the walls.

"But sweetie, we simply don't have time! School starts in 20 minutes! How about I get you a muffin on the way to school? I'll make eggs and sausages for tomorrow- even get up an extra thirty minutes to make it!" She begged. Not that she needed the thirty minutes, she was always up at an early time, Harry knew because she would turn on the hall light- waking him up along with it.

"Oh. I guess a muffin will do. Don't do it again" Dudley said, trying to come off threatening but really coming off like a spoiled kid who simply gets what he wants.

"Oh great dear, now come, I will just go grab your jacket and we will be off!" Petunia, his aunt, said as she practically ran from the room.

"Hey, you, what are you looking at?" Dudley said, just now looking up to see Harry.

"Nothing", Harry's short reply came immediately, snapping his head away from the scene.

Dudley was dressed in his uniform, a maroon tailcoat, orange knickerbockers, and a boater. He was going to Smeltings Academy, and he was rather excited too.

Harry on the other hand was to go to another private school, somewhere Dudley never went to, which is the only reason Harry was supplied with the proper new uniform. He was wearing a white dress shirt and crisp black and grey tie with black dress pants. Harry was only going because aunt Petunia reasoned with uncle Vernon, saying that if he were to be ordinary he was to go to school. Vernon agreed but instantly refused to send Harry to Smeltings, saying he "would not have such a disgrace in his school", and Harry was perfectly fine with it, dare he say; happy, to be going to a separate school.

"Yeah right, you hungry? Oh well" Dudley says sniggering to himself. Jokes on him, Harry had gotten up extra early and had eaten already, in secret.

Just as he was about to retort- and most likely get punished for saying something back- aunt Petunia rounded the corner with Dudleys unusually big jacket and started to fuss over him.

After putting the jacket on him Petunia ushered them both out to the car, which she had begged Vernon for, and set them both in the back seat. Aunt Petunia did try to help Harry whenever she could, but with uncle Vernon and Dudley always watching, she never really could be a good mother figure to the little boy whom she saw so much of her sweet sister in.