i hope we're still friends [r.t]

"i hope we're still friends" richie pleaded. his fluffy hair moving as the wind blew everywhere. "i don't- i don't think we can" y/n said as they wiped the tears from their eyes. richie had just broken up with her, "thank you for the memories richie, goodbye and take care" they said as they stood up and started walking to their house. their hands fiddling with their shirt as they walked away from richie.

"y/n" richie yelled. but y/n didn't care. they kept walking and walking. the words repeated through their head "i hope we're still friends".

"just like that" beverly rubbed small circles on y/n's back. her warming touch making y/n feel just a bit better. "yea" y/n said as they tried their hardest not to cry again. "it's okay y/n, you don't need a man" bill tried cheering them up, his hands were braiding their hair as eddie put together a playlist for them. "here, i made you a playlist" eddie said as he put the playlist on and got up. he rummaged through y/n's closet so he could find them an outfit for the day.

"i bet you he's wallowing in shame right about now" stanley said as he and eddie argued over whether or not y/n should wear a blue shirt or a black one. "he lost someone amazing, okay" mike said as he wiped the tears out of y/n's face. comforting y/n was always easy. they just needed food and hugs, and occasionally drinks.

"it hurts yea, but that's how life goes. i'll get over it" y/n reassured their friends as they sat up from their bed. their friends looked at them in pity. being heartbroken wasn't the best feeling in the world.

"i swear that you'll get over it" the music played as the losers (except for richie ofc) laid on the ground. tears welled up in y/n's eyes as they remembered the memories they shared with richie. slightly shaking their head as they tried to get rid of these thoughts.

"lil uzi hits different" bill broke the silence as he played with stanley's hands. a habit he picked up when he was bored of nervous. "always and forever" eddie agreed as he blew on the little strand of hair that was on his forehead. "don't cry sweetheart, he doesn't deserve your tears" mike whispered careful as to make sure no one heard as he wiped the tears off of y/n's face. "i know" y/n whispered back as they let mike wipe their tears off.

"i hate men" beverly announced as the next song played. y/n laughed as she heard beverly say that. the losers ears perked up as they heard their laughter. "they're the worst" y/n agreed as they played with their hair a little bit. the braid that bill made was surprisingly good. "men ain't shit" ben said as he played with the hem of his shirt. the color and designs matched his personality perfectly.