.15. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ɴᴏᴛ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ's ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢᴇsᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ʏᴇᴛ (ɢᴏ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ)

Start from the beginning

With all that noise, how was Jungkook supposed to make his presence known? Should he just stand there and stare while waiting for the other to finish whatever it was he was working on? That would probably be the polite thing to do (apart from the staring which he considered a compensation for the wait).

But what Jungkook had forgotten to take into account was Taehyung's sixth sense. Perceiving a presence behind him, the latter spun around swiftly, welding torch still flaming, making the other jump in panic. "Shit! Jungkook! I almost turned you into a human torch!" Taehyung hissed, operating the pressure knob to cut off the gas.

He lifted his goggles and placed them on his forehead before taking off his working gloves. "What in the world are you doing here?"

Tae looked down at the floor where the other was standing. "Besides making a puddle."

Jungkook, who was still struggling with his heart rate, looked down as well and laughed. "It started raining."

"I can see that." Taehyung walked away and began turning valves. Soon enough, the steaming engines fell silent.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook said. "I didn't mean to interrupt whatever it is you're — constructing."

"No worries. It's already late."

He knew, as the intruder that he was tonight, it wasn't his place to ask any questions. But curiosity always got the best of Jungkook. "May I ask what you're working on?"

Tae smirked. "You may, but I might not tell you."

"Why not?"

"I'm building something for you actually."

"For me?" He hadn't seen that coming.

"Remember our lunch on the blimp?"

Jungkook nodded, cheeks flushing. How could he possibly forget?

"I couldn't help but notice you didn't enjoy the ride very much."

Jungkook looked confused.

"I mean the flying."

"Well, it was my first time in the air."

"Would you fly again then?"

"—"

"With me?"

"Possibly?" was the best answer Jungkook could come up with, as the thought of finding himself high above the clouds still made him feel slightly dizzy.

Taehyung flashed a smile. "Perfect! That means I haven't worked for nothing!"

That's when Tae's stomach growled. Jungkook stared at him with both amusement and concern in his eyes. "Have you not eaten?"

As if on cue, his own belly rumbled. It was Tae's turn to laugh. "Have you?"

The other shook his head, suddenly remembering why he came here in the first place. "I wanted to have dinner with you. I left messages — you never returned my calls."

"I'm sorry. I tend to forget about the time when I'm working." Perking up, Tae added, "we could still have dinner together!"

"Here? But how? You've dismissed your staff."

"So? I know my way around a kitchen."

"Do you now?" Jungkook teased playfully.

"Are you putting my cooking skills to the test?"

"I don't even know my way around my own kitchen, which I bet is ten times smaller than yours."

"What would you do without your housekeeper?" asked Taehyung, voice laced with feigned consideration.

"I guess I'd have you to feed me," Jungkook replied with a smirk.

"Am I to understand you are willing to give my cooking a chance?"

"As long as you wash up before you put that apron on."

Taehyung raised a brow. "Sounds like a sight you'd enjoy."

"W-what?" Jungkook shivered. Was it due to the dark glow he detected in Tae's eyes, or to the fact that he was still soaking wet, his damp clothes sticking uncomfortably to his now numb body?

The other's intense stare suddenly turned into a horrified look, as he pressed his hand to Jungkook's forehead.

"W-what is it?"

"Your lips are blue and you're feverish. We need to get you warm. Now."

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡