Chapter Three~ Exam Part Two

Start from the beginning

Another guy dressed in royal clothing approaches Yuno and asks if he can be his partner. Yuno agrees while the royal gives him a cocky look. 

It was clear who was going to win that battle.

The white haired female sighs as she waits to be invited. She just wanted to get this over with so that she can settle down and get some rest. The travel was such a long way and then all these tests, she wanted to get some sleep.

Just as Asta and his partner stepped up to fight, a guy walks over to her.

" Excuse me," He whispers, causing the girl to turn to him " C...Can I be your partner?" He asks. 

Y/N examines the guy in front of her. He had dirty blond hair and brown eyes, he wore a ragged tan shirt, and blue shorts. He was looking down at his feet and playing with his hands in a nervous matter.

"Sure" She states before yawning.

"Thank you. My names Sortta" He responds with a kind smile.

" Y/N" The girl greets, sending him the same smile. 

He nods his head and looks to the front to watch the battle. Unbeknownst to both of them, Yuno was watching the whole ordeal, and felt the pang of jealousy in his chest as he watched the boy talk to his Y/N. 

Asta's battle went by fast. Sekke put a defensive spell around him and started talking cockily. His attitude seemed to take a huge turn, and became a bully. His plan was to use Asta to make him look better for the judges. 

Asta pulled out his Grimoire and grabbed his sword before cutting the defensive spell. The power behind it was so strong that it blasted Sekke away, knocking his out in the process. 

The stun silence was enough evidence to show that this was unexpected. Y/N had a soft smile on her lips as she watched them announce Asta the winner. 

'Never had a doubt...'

As the next few fights went on, Y/N became bored and decided to rest for a while. Standing is hard work after all. She walks towards Yuno and taps his arm. Knowing what she wanted he bends down to put her on his back before he hears that its his fight next. 

The girl sighs before walking over to her partner. She leans into the dirty blond boy and closes her eyes. The boy's blushes at the small contact but lets her be. 

She was a pretty girl after all.

Yuno steps onto the stage with his partner in front of him. Before the fight he glances around to make sure Asta and Y/N are watching him, before narrowing his eyes on Y/N's partner. Yuno did not like Y/N touching another male but him she is going to be his wife after all. 

Yuno barely took notice of his partners attack, before he was sending a huge tornado towards him, which cancelled out his partners attack and ending the duel. They announce Yuno as the winner as the next team is announced to come on stage.

Y/N notices that she is next and starts heading to the front, noticing the glare Yuno sent to her partner. She rolled her eyes at him before standing in front of Sortta. She watches as he pulls out his Three Leaf Clover. 

'Land'  The mana whispers his magic.

" Land magic: Ground rumble!" He chanted holding his hands in front of him. The ground underneath her rumbles so hard it makes some other people fall. 

The white haired female watches but stays in place. 

'All that training with Asta is really playing off' The female thinks to herself.