Search and Rescue

Louis must have the heaviest feet ever, because he left some pretty obvious tracks in the ground. Lucky me I guess. I just hope I can catch up to him before a walker does.
As much I think it was dumb that he ran off, I dont blame him. I'd have done the same if it was Violet. I wish Aasim just let me give him my knife, then I wouldnt have to be walking in the freezing dark, and instead be back at the school with Violet. Although, it was pretty nice. Reminded me of when I just wandered from place to place, on my own with my thoughts. Dont get me wrong, I'm glad I found the school, but the alone time was refreshing. Except for the fact that the only thing I was focusing on now was the amount of pain and discomfort throughout my body.

In the distance, I can see Louis crouched behind a tree, looking at something. I smile as an idea comes into my head.

Louis stops looking past the tree and mumbles something to himself. He searches his pockets and sighs when he finds nothing. He looks back around the tree.

"Boo."

He screams and falls onto his ass, flinching. He waits for something to happen, but nothing does. He moves his arms away from his face, and sees someone standing there with a mask on, bent over laughing. Louis groans and gets up, wiping his hands on his trousers.

"Not funny, asshole."

I slowly start to control myself, and take off the mask.

"Aw cmon, it was pretty funny." I smile.

He doesnt.

"Fine, okay, I'm sorry."

He shakes his head and goes back to what he was doing before.

"Great, you let the walkers know we're here." He throws his arm up in annoyance.

Three walkers were moving towards us, alerted by my laughter and Louis' screaming.

"Whats the big deal? Theres only three of them."

"If you haven't noticed, I dont have a weapon."

"Then stay here." I tell him.

"You gonna take them all by yourself?" He asks.

"I think I can handle three walkers." I scoff. "But if you feel like helping, then..."

I look around the ground for something he can use. There was a pretty heavy looking branch laying there. I pick it up and get rid of the small twigs coming off it.

"Then beat one with this."

I hold it out to him and he gives me an unamused look. He eventually takes it from my hand and swings it a few times.

"Its no Chairles, but it'll do."

"Then have at em."

We move towards the walkers, who were close together. I kick a walkers leg out and move on to another as Louis whacks it hard on the head. I stab a walker in the forehead, making it fall to its knees. I was about to pull it out, but was interrupted when the last walker came up behind me and  grabbed my shoulders, trying to get my neck. I quickly grabbed the top of its head, then its jaw, slamming its mouth shut before it could take a bite. I kick the dead walker in front of me out of the way, then flip the other one over my shoulder, and slam my boot onto its skull.
I turn around to see how Louis was doing. He was currently slamming the branch over and over on the other walkers head which was lying on the ground.

"Fucking, die, already!" He pants.

He hits it a few more times until the branch snaps. Luckily, the walker died with that last hit. Louis drops the branch and exhales dramatically. I bend down and take my knife out of the other walkers skull, and put it back in its holster.