입문서*

* intro

만약 인생을 다시 산다면 당신을 더 빨리 찾을 겁니다

Manyak insaengeul dasi sandamyeon dangsineul deo ppalli chajeul geomnida.

If I were to live my life again, I would find you sooner.

Ashai Laghari is your ordinary hardcore Korean culture fangirl

Nourished by the heart-wrenching dramas of her youth, she dreams of living in the land of kimchi and bulgogi.

While she waits for the fateful day, Ashai decides to brush up on her Korean by making penfriends on a popular website of the same name. After a few dodgy contacts, she receives a message from Park Seo Joon. The profile pic seems too good to be true. Ashai just wants a friend, so they exchange until her plane lands in Seoul.

Seo Joon is no gimmick.

Handsome and intelligent, Ashai falls under his spell, but the man clarifies that his parents will never accept a foreigner, especially one of color, within their family. Thus, they remain friends.

Seo Joon is respectful of traditional values and wishes to honor his parents. Ashai attempts to do the same but finds herself submerged by the sudden events that make her a stranger to her family.

Follow the two as they try to find their place and one another.

Themes

Pregnancy

Immigration

Marriage

Traditions

Money

Xenophobia

Racism

I started this draft for Camp NanoWriMo2021. I see no use keeping it in the closet. I've republished several drafts for the same reason. It's more fun writing when the book is online than offline. I feel I have the duty to update and finish stories when they are published.

I know readers love completed stories, so I understand if you don't want to start reading them now. I'm just going to type them, and you can read them when and if you wish.

Take care

25/03/2024

Yep, here's another story fail. I just didn't have the will to write it all. I might do it now; who knows? Sierra Leone is a book I gave up for two years, and I came back and finished it.