Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places

Start from the beginning

You got up and prepared to leave.

"Where you going to?"

"My Algebra 2 class. You enjoy yourselves."

You smiled and walked away. You exited and followed the signs to the classroom. It was indeed a task to find the simplest of places.

It was as you walked towards the stairs you stopped.

AN: To make it easier on myself. Bold letters mean chinese text. Cantonese, mandarin, etc.

"You give them rice, yet they kill you."

"What the hell does that mean?"

You looked behind you smiling a bit finding Hawk standing there menacingly. You smiled walking down to get to his level.

"Old cantonese saying. Meaning you feed them rice. Yet they try to kill you. Or maybe the mandarins story of the wolf and hunter. Hunter shows kindness to the wolf. Yet the wold killed the hunter."

You walked closer to him. He placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Back off from Miguel. You're making him weak."

You chuckled pushing his hand off of you.

"Compassion is not mercy. Rather compassion is compassion. I merely want to teach him the difference between power and hatred."

You pushed his hand off of your shoulder.

"Sorry if it upsets you."

With a smile you walked away.

The evening hours soon came. You were walking back home peacefully. Continuing to read from Sun Tzu's greatest work.

You stopped near an alleyway.

Your ears perked do using in on the sounds around you.

"Kiai!"

You jumped to your side avoiding Miguel's kick. Your book fell into the ground too. You took a stance. Your feet moved to point to each other. Your knees followed the same motion.

Your right hand outstretched in front of you. With your left resting by your right elbow. You created an eagles Claw with your left hand.

"What are you doing?"

"I just wanted to test your moves out."

He moved to lick you again. You avoided of course. Sliding to the side. You evaded each attack he threw. Frustrating him very much.

He went in for a roundhouse kick. You smirked. Ducking down before the kick had hit. Moving forward to push Miguel down onto the ground.

You laid in top of him and we your eyes locked. You smiled standing back up. And then helping him back up.

"Sorry about that. Best to keep the opponent down then up."

"How're you so good?"

"I've been learning throughout my vast life time. Also, if you learn good counters. Then of course you can beat me in a match."

"But how?"

"It's kind of like Cheng & Tsui. One move can change the entire battle."

"Like this."

You threw a sudden punch that miguel quickly blocked. Going in for a counter. You blocked with your other hand. Leaving you both without ways to strike.

"One move influenced this. So."

You kicked him back into the wall. You jumped forth with your other leg. He quickly avoided preparing his one stance in front of you.

He had a smirk on his face. That you too possessed.

He held his out in front of him. With his other fist by his side. His legs outstretched to give him a squatting position.

You bent down on your left leg with your right one outstretched. Your hands were pointing out towards him. Your left one resting by your elbow.

You formed the eagles Claw again waiting for him to move.

He pounced forward like a cobra with a punch. You grabbed his forearm tightly. And pulled it to his side. Your other hand quickly moved forward to hit his chest. He blocked tho going in for his own punch.

You evaded moving to the side. To be met by a foot kicking you down onto your knee.

He then again moved to punch your face. You let go of his forearm blocking his attacks. Being punched down onto the ground.

You blocked every attack he threw. When you had a splendid idea.

Your legs grabbed onto one of his. And you pulled as hard as you could. Pulling him back and you forward. Before he fell back you caught onto his hand. Letting him down gently.

"Whoo you're getting better."

You got up and helped him up.

"Well I got you into the ground."

"Something most men can't say but yes. Although this was a friendly match."

"What're you saying you let me hit you?"

"In a way yes. Anyway best we head back home. You're going to Have to prepare yourself for the tournament."

"Yeah, it's going to be difficult."

"Not for you. Listen Migao, compassion isn't mercy. Instead it's merely stopping to stop. Do not let Cobra Kai change you."

"What're you talking about?"

"Do not let all that no mercy crap change you."

"Wait, wait, that crap changed me into what I am."

"Change can be good or bad. Listen just do what you think is right."

You patted his shoulder walking away from him. Leaving Miguel to think about what had just happened.

 Leaving Miguel to think about what had just happened

#1295