Licking The Wounds

You sat down on the floor. And crossed your legs. You took in a deep breath. And let it escape. Your hands pressed against each other. As if to pray.

Your mind began to calm.

Your body grew still.

This was a practice named-

The hell is that?

A knocking at the door suddenly interupted your peaceful time. You got up and walked over to the door.

"That was a bit quick. I thought."

You opened it to find Miguel again. His face was excited. And he looked so happy.

"Hey man I was wondering if you could teach me a few new moves?"

"Um sure. I can teach you the basics."

"Ok thanks man."

You led him in and walked over to grab some paper. You grabbed a brush and paper. And sat down in front of him. You quickly began to draw an eagle.

"The Eagle's Flight. Is made up of three key components. The beak, wings, and claw."

You held up your drawing. And he would nod.

"The wings are used in a dance called Hèwǔ. The Crane's Dance. The wings are used primarily for defense and counters."

You then pointed to the claw of the eagle.

"Next are the claws. Used for attacks and counters to."

You then pointed to the beak.

"And the beak is for finishing the opponent. And should only be used during life or death consequences."

He was surprised by this last statement.

You stood up and stretched out your body.

"Alright basic forms. Start with the most basic of basic."

You lifted yourself up with one foot. The other one was held in front of you. Your arms raised just above your head.

You spun your arms in a circular motion. Bringing them together. And pushing out your palms.

You dropped the foot in the ground. And slid across the floor. Putting it in front of you.

You pulled the door behind you forward. And stretched it out across the floor. You spun your arms towards the right of your body.

And swayed them back together. They met together in a prayer motion.

In a shake of a lamps tail. Your fists moved forward. You pulled them both back below you. Your legs moved into a kicking motion.

You pulled your right leg back. And slid behind you. And your left moved in front of you. You leaned onto it.

Your right hand rested above your head. And your left at your stomach.

You took in a deep breath. And let it escape your lips

You looked over your shoulder. Realising Miguel was totally mind blown.

You felt your cheeks warm. And before you could even say anything. He quickly jumped up.

"Man I've gotta learn those moves."

You laughed walking back over to the center of the room.

"Follow my movement's."

He nodded and followed your movement's to the best of his ability. You laughed a few times when he slipped.