x12. From my dark

Start from the beginning

They ended relationship under the bad terms, but Dauntless made them become allies. And Ellie never regretted letting him come back in her life this way. It was a risk worth taking.

At least, this way he can't hurt her anymore. And they both knew that.

"Oh, I'll take you on that one.", he laughed and she followed in, but...

"All Dauntless initiates, report to your command Leader.", the male voice broke the fun, speaking from the speakers.

"All right, listen up.", Eric appeared on the stairs, abruptly being his usual self. That Eric whom Ellie almost disregarded.

"Before you leave tonight, I want you all in four lines

"Before you leave tonight, I want you all in four lines. Everyone gets a tracking device. No questions, it's just a precaution.", he clarified, climbing down the stairs. He was being followed by two men.

So far, she has learned their names were George and Ile. They barely talked, muscle was more of their thing. And they have been there when she got her first tattoo. They ways went with Eric.

"Hey, have you seen Four?", Tris inquired her all of a sudden, sounding suspiciously uncomfortable once again.

"No, why?", she frowned her eyebrows in surprise, but Tris left without any words.

She was a little taken away.
What tracking device? No one mentioned this.

Ellie was pretty alarmed. How could she not know about this?
Was she helping with the reprogramming of the system for this? So that her friends could be chipped as dogs?

"Come, Elle, are you going?", Will called for her, while they took their place in the line, one by one.
In disturbance, Ellie followed him and Christina, not even for a moment thinking to back down.

The orders were orders.
The elder members chatted casually and looked relaxed. So no harm could come from this, right?

"Not you.", Eric appeared out of nowhere, catching and pulling her upper hand, taking her away from the waiting line.

"Why?", she was still confused.

"We don't have to deal with this kind of shit. C'mon.", Eric explained shortly, dragging her with him.

"Walk with me.", he literally gave her an order, releasing her grip.

Ellie didn't like his tone, so she stopped walking beside him.