T W E N T Y - T H R E E | Butterflies

Start from the beginning

"Hey" A voice whispered into my ears. I turned around facing Elliot.

"Hi" I whispered back with a small smile.

"You okay?" Elliot asked taking my hand into his own. I nodded taking him in. He was wearing his team jersey, his name printed on the back. Tonight was going to be a very special night. On one hand it was the biggest game of the season and there were multiple scouts in the audience looking for players and second Elliot and I were finally going to go on our date after the game. 

"Yeah, I just wanted to come wish you luck" I said tip-toeing to place a kiss on his lips. 

"A good luck kiss? Damn, there's no way we're losing today" Elliot grinned pulling me in for another kiss. Elliot was the sweetest feeling that I have ever known.

"Fair warning though, I have absolutely no idea what happens in these games" I said pulling back to look up at him. Nothing could ever beat the butterflies that I would get in the pit of my stomach whenever I was with him.

"Just scream my name. I can work with that too" Elliot smirked making me blush. I ignored the double meaning in his words. I pulled back out of his arms when the coach shouted for Elliot and Jacob.

"We'll see you after the game" Alyssa said coming to stand by me. Saying our goodbyes, Alyssa led us back towards the bleachers where Sira was already waiting for us.

"I got you drinks" Sira said handing us our cups. I thanked her taking a sip of the soda as the game started. I meant what I said earlier, I had absolutely no idea what was going on but all I did know was the Elliot was amazing. The crowd seemed to agreed as they cheered him on. Every now and then Elliot's eyes would always meet mine in the crowd before he would begin running again. Two hours later we had a solid win of 49-18. The crowd went into a uproar chanting the team name as the team celebrated on the field. 

"Come on, we'll meet them outside" Sira said slipping her hand into mine, weaving us through the crowd following Alyssa. We waited in the car park for another half an hour before the boys came running through the main doors.

"Congratulations" Alyssa screamed jumping into Jacobs arms. I smiled as Sira pulled Elliot into a hug saying congrats before doing the same to Jacob.

"Where's my hug?" Elliot said walking towards me. I smiled up at him, throwing my arms around his neck. 

"Congrats on the win" I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He lifted me off the ground before placing me back on my feet.

"Thank you" he replied pecking my nose before pulling away. 

"Time to celebrate" Jacob whopped throwing his arm around Alyssa's shoulder. 

"You guys can celebrate. I have a date" Elliot said throwing me a wink.

"You can join us after" Jacob laughed. 

"Either way, Jess is still coming home with us. She needs to get ready" Sira said pulling me towards her. We had all agreed to go our separate ways not before promising to meet up back at Elliot's house. Elliot and Jacob and began walking off to Elliot's car and Alyssa and Sira began leading me to their own. 

'How was the game' , I pulled out my phone to read the text from my mum. 'It was great. We won!', I quickly replied back smiling down at my phone. Before I could shove my phone back into my pocket a shrill scream threw me off guard.

"Jess, watch out!" Sira yelled. I looked up at her in confusion, as she ran towards me, before looking off to my left where she was staring. My eyes widened as I saw a car only a few centimetres from me. I instantly threw my arms in-front my face and that's when I knew it was far too late to do anything now.

*****

I know absolutely nothing about American football so what I said probably made no sense but let me off, please. Thank you :) 

Also can we please appreciate how absolutely gorgeous Sira and Alyssa are!