[50] Do Not Test The Witch

Start from the beginning

A scream escaped me when the leather boot hit Thomas right on the face.

The force made him fall on the muddy ground.

Virion breathed angrily while waiting for more reaction and preparing to attack again if that happened.

But thankfully, Thomas didn't speak ahead.

The pain must be too much for him to continue as he kept squirming on the ground and tried to get up. But failed.

My eyes full of tears moved slowly towards the left to look back at my elder brother desperately, who now looked as if he was about to transform. The clenched fists were shaking, making his muscular arms flex more. The face had reddened from the anger. The Alpha in him was hanging on a lose thread.

Moving my eyes a little towards right, I caught Karam staring away from Pete to far away in the jungle behind him. The glassy look was scaring me.

My heart was telling me that I would be punished if I stayed. Definitely.

They had been patient with all my tantrums and insults. But this was getting caught red-handed while trying to escape.

I couldn't afford any upcoming pain or trauma. I would lose myself, I was sure.

The horror of uncertainty was chilling my spine.

"He has a pup?" Gilbert asked immediately, turning the air intense.

My eyes lowered while he stayed unmoving in shock.

"The mother is dead," Lysar answered defensively when Eva started growling curses violently. The sound of Anton hitting her on the back kept reaching the unopened dark rooms of my heart forcefully. "But your sister cherishes his existence. We didn't force her but she took it upon herself and promised to be his mother. Now we know, it's not just her but her brother too doesn't stick to his words."

I wanted to scream out loud and slap myself to madness. I wanted to pull at my hair and hit my head against a tree with a sharp bark.

But it all seemed less painful comparing to the heart that was breaking inside silently. It felt like I was losing my courage. My hope.

If Gilbert didn't raise a question about heat, it meant that Karam was telling the truth.

I didn't want to ask how could it happen even when I was a human.

I just felt too hurt to object.

I had started to trust Karam. I really thought that we were ahead of the Lycan vs. Southerners phase. Yet in the end, it came to 'the pack comes first'.

He hid such an important information about me from me only.

He knew that I was losing my license to cross the border. He let it happen and didn't inform me.

I felt extremely betrayed. Foolish.

I didn't hesitate from showing Thomas that I felt guilty for trying to escape. Was I being too kind to these Lycans? To Karam.

"What a douche!" Eva growled angrily, trying to wriggle out of the chain. Her canines were out and eyes were shining golden. Her pony had loosened and hair were out of it and wet stuck to her face. "A pup? An illegitimate pup?"

Anton kept pulling at her hair with one hand and with other her hands.

My feet moved ahead desperately on their own when Gilbert grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

I looked at him questioningly. He shook his head.

My lips trembled as faint sobs escaped me in defeat. Why was he not protecting his daughter? His real biological daughter.