Chapter 24

Merissa woke to the sound of her phone ringing. Her mind was foggy as she sat up and answered the call from her father. So far, the contents of her stomach were remaining where they should. It was only a matter of time before she'd be running to the bathroom. Merissa hoped that her sickness would only remain for a few days but she doubted it. Freya's words lingered in her mind, reminding Merissa that the poor woman had suffered for two weeks straight. Every single day, like clockwork.

"Sorry to wake you so early in the afternoon but I'd like for you to come into the club tonight. There have been developments."

"Good or bad?" She murmured.

"Both, oddly enough. Keep the guards close."

"Sure."

Merissa yawned and as her father said goodbye, she rubbed her eyes and murmured that she'd see him soon. Her eyes rolled as she flopped back onto the bed. Adley was laying on his side, grinning at Merissa as she looked up at him.

"So, I guess I shouldn't have kept you up all morning."

Despite how tired she felt, Merissa couldn't help but smile.

"Now, now. Don't be saying drastic things like that."

Leaning down, Adley kissed Merissa.

"What did your old man want?"

"We have to go to the club."

Tossing her phone to the messed up bed, Merissa stood and looked down at her naked body. There was an obvious curve to her stomach now. Adley shifted over the bed, pulling Merissa and her sad pout between his legs.

"This is a damned fine sight," He murmured against her stomach.

His gaze lifted, trying to look into her eyes but it was far too difficult for him. Her stomach wasn't the only thing that had gotten bigger and Adley wanted to howl at how gorgeous she was. Not just the breasts that were fuller but the curve of her hips, the belly full of his babies.

Merissa's fingers laced through Adley's hair as he wrapped his arms around her body. With his ear pressed to her stomach, Adley smiled and listened to her stomach growling. He would pretend that they were his cubs testing their vocal cords even if he knew they didn't do that until a few days after birth.

"You know that I don't believe you, right?"

Pulling her hands, Adley brought Merissa back to the mattress and then shifted between her legs.

"Does this feel like I'm lying?" He purred in her ear as his groin flexed against her.

Merissa's eyes rolled back as the ecstasy flushed through her. She wanted to say that Adley was always turned on and the fact that he was aroused at the moment was not surprising. Wisely, Merissa held her tongue.

Adley lifted onto his hands, rubbing himself against Merissa with a devilish smile on her face. Feeling his desire was incredible because she knew that while he might be an insatiable creature, his hunger was only for her.

Shifting her legs wider, Merissa teased herself. His constant flexing against the sensitive flesh was too much for her. She wanted him.

"More?"

Merissa nodded. A soft groan of pleasure escaped from her mouth as Adley slowly pushed in. His own relief at their union was shown in a soft but heavy exhalation. For a moment, Adley paused. There was nothing better than being with Merissa. He hadn't known any different and he never would but that didn't matter to him. All that he wanted was here.

The movements were slow. A casual love that started with the couple looking into each other's eyes as the euphoria began to build. For now, it would be this and nothing more. There had been many times before and there would be many more where he could find other places and different positions but right now, Adley wanted to show a little reassurance to the woman he loved without question. The pout was in fun but Adley knew that if left, the thoughts would grow into something that was unhealthy for her mind.

He truly adored the growing shape and wondered if Merissa believed him. Adley would show her in his words and the actions of moments like these. Would it be enough? He couldn't keep his hands off her, maybe that might be what made Merissa realise that she was intoxicating to him. Not just now that she was pregnant but always.

Lowering to his forearms, Adley traced his lips over Merissa's, still staring deeply. He was transfixed by her bewitching smile, those deadly fangs that she'd taunted him with on many occasions. The thought of her biting him made Adley groan. Merissa chuckled softly.

"What are you thinking about?" She whispered.

Her fingers traced over his forehead, dragging the dark curls behind his ear.

"Not saying. You'll do it and that will be the end of me. You haven't orgasmed yet."

"Well, pick up the pace. You're moving like a snail at the moment."

"Enjoying our love, you mean."

"Sure,"

Merissa teased with a naughty smile as Adley returned to his hands.

The fast pace began, heavy thrusting that created a surge of pleasure in Merissa. Her breathing became laboured as the ecstasy grew. Drawing closer with every moaned breath, Merissa begged Adley to go harder. Adley wanted to groan that it was not easy to comply with her demands to keep going when her body tightened. The contraction created a more pleasurable sensation for him. Holding out was a strain.

Merissa's body arched as her breath hitched, the orgasm flowed through her body with a heavy groan. Adley watched as the fangs lowered and with a twitch of a smirk, the werewolf knew how to get what he wanted.

Wrapping an arm around her waist, Adley lowered their bodies back to the mattress. His own orgasm was at the peak and he was ready. Keeping Merissa close, Adley nuzzled against the curve of her neck and continued to thrust.

The heavy heart beating the blood through his body was too much for Merissa. She could smell the blood as it pumped through his veins.

When Merissa bit Adley, he orgasmed with a loud groan. Ecstasy had never been finer.