Chapter 4

Merissa woke abruptly. It wasn't a cold sweat but she thought it was pretty close.

Images plagued her mind, Merissa didn't know if they were memories or imagined. Vague pictures of people, they could be her parents or siblings, Merissa had no idea.

Did she want to know the truth? Was there a reason that she should avoid returning to the past?

Sitting up, Merissa scrubbed her eyes and glanced at the clock. It was one pm. Turning to the mattress, she found that Adley was on his stomach, fast asleep.

Carefully lifting from the bed, Merissa pulled on her nightdress and tiptoed through the bedroom, closing the door behind her. She was wide awake, there was no chance of returning to sleep now. Something was bugging her.

If she were honest with herself, Merissa would see that a lot of things were bugging her. Not just the fact that she was pregnant to a werewolf with three babies, but her past. It was gnawing away at her, slowly driving her crazy.

Moving into the office, Merissa sat down and opened the files that she'd kept regarding her family. So far, she hadn't searched for her siblings but she had spoken to Gamichee about it.

Merissa was hurt and confused. The files from Fielding Hall still haunted her even though she knew they were fake. Gamichee created them to throw everyone off because he was hiding pureblood children that had been orphaned. Charlton, a leader from the north was ordering his followers to kill purebloods.

The problem was, Merissa wasn't a pureblood. Her parents were turned vampires.

Gamichee offered to put her in contact with her siblings but warned Merissa against it. Why?

At the time, Merissa thought that his reasoning was because he didn't want to lose her but now she believed there was more to it. Pulling a notebook out of the drawer, Merissa started a list of questions to ask her adoptive father.

Searching the Internet for information, Merissa found articles that pointed to a lot of vampire deaths in this city. She skimmed through the article that stated that there had been many vampire deaths that could not be attributed to anything other than murder. Merissa knew that this had to be the work of Charlton. Her father was a strict leader but was lenient as well. His assistant Carson might suggest otherwise but Merissa knew the truth.

These murders were curious, she wondered how far they went back. Another question for her father.

Merissa guessed at twenty plus years. She knew that Lennon's parents were taken down by this death machine and he was twenty-five.

Leaning back in her seat, Merissa rubbed her temples. It was too much to think about. Something had happened, there was a reason that she was in the orphanage. Did she really want to dig up the past?

Hearing a noise in the living room, Merissa closed the lid of her laptop and quietly walked to the door. The bulking figure of Adley crossed the room, sleepily rubbing his eyes as he yawned.

"Bed is cold. Wolf hungry, come warm him up."

Merissa giggled as his arms wrapped around her.

Pressed against the wall, Merissa groaned as Adley kissed over her neck. The soft growl pushed over the sensitive skin, making her gasp. The pleasure of this beast was too much for her.

Pulling the shoestring straps over her shoulders, Adley slowly pulled the nightdress down. Merissa naked was incredible. Thinking of her like this created a storm inside of him, to see it in the flesh was his undoing.

"Want me, baby?"

Adley nodded, dropping his shorts. Within seconds Merissa's legs were wrapped around his waist. He barely needed any adjustment, Adley knew his way home.

Delving deep, Adley didn't hold back. His hunger for Merissa was growing with each day. She didn't understand and wouldn't for a long time. He would always want her and only her. She feared that his ways wouldn't change but that's because she has only ever known single Adley. He was a settled wolf and werewolves mated for life.

Thrusting continued, hard and heavy, unrestrained in the desperate race to pleasure. Adley loved to hear how he could make Merissa moan. She craved all of him, always wanting to be near him, hungry to see his happiness, eager for mutual ecstasy.

Lifting Merissa from the wall, Adley turned to the lounge. Lowering her to her hands and knees, Adley moved between her legs and resumed his position. Gripping her hips hard, he drove deep and found the familiarity of the incredible position to be welcoming. He knew that this position, while not an overly romantic one, was great to make Merissa moan loudly. It gave continual orgasms and that was his goal. All that he craved was to hear her vocalise how much she enjoyed sex with him. To use his body for her gratification, to make her delirious and eager for more.

In the end, Adley couldn't take it anymore. Merissa sounded hoarse from moaning and when her body clenched with the impending orgasm, Adley groaned. It was not his pre full moon howl but a guttural groan that highlighted how amazing it felt to finally let go.

Merissa's body was stiff as she sunk to the lounge, rolling over to the werewolf that stood naked and proud. His breathing was rough, sweat slid down his hard chest.

A smile filled her face. The sight was beautiful. Not just because he was gloriously honed or that he was naked but because he looked thoroughly satisfied.

"You look fulfilled," Merissa said with a wistful smile on her face.

"Immensely so. You look rather dirty."

"Really?"

Adley nodded with a cheeky smile, lifting Merissa off the lounge.

"Is this your way of getting me into the shower?"

"Yeah. Ready for round two?"

With a soft giggle, Merissa nodded. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she hugged Adley hard. Life was never dull with a werewolf.