Chapter 15

Gamichee pulled up beside the other cars.

"I suppose it would be ideal to say hello and not be rude."

"You know how this will end, don't you?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I blame you for this."

"Did you pack a bag?"

"I did not."

Merissa chuckled and got out of the car. With her bag in hand, she made her way to the exterior of the group. Kegan was wrestling with a packet of biscuits when he looked up and saw the lovely Merissa and Gamichee approach.

"You came!" He said eagerly. "Adley said that you were having issues with some jerk watching the place. That's pretty scary, right?"

"Yeah, it sure is."

"Well, never mind. You're on wolf turf now. No vampire in their right mind would come here unless we invite them. Unless they want to be dinner, am I right Meech?"

"Absolutely," Gamichee said dryly.

Kegan tilted his head with a wry smile.

"You look like a man that needs to ditch the suit. You're staying for the weekend, right?"

"If I must."

"You must. Let me just toss this out to the horde and I'll find something for you. As for you my dear, you would be needing a tour guide. Frey honey," Kegan called out. "Look who's here."

Freya waddled over, gripping her back with both hands. The giant mound jutting out from her body had grown considerably. Merissa's eyes widened.

"Good grief, my skin is never going to recover, is it?"

"You knew the consequences."

Gamichee offered a smug smile then turned to follow Kegan.

"Merissa," Freya said in a soft, breathy tone. "It's wonderful that you could come. Adley seemed so upset when he got here but we said that you have to do what is right for the safety of you and the babies."

"Yeah," Merissa murmured uneasily. "Where is Adley?"

"Oh, the boys went to town to get some supplies. They'll be back soon. In the meantime, you need to get ready."

Even though Freya carried a heavy mound on her tiny frame, she was fast on her feet. Merissa caught up, uncertain as to why it was such a rush.

"What's going on?"

"The babies are coming tonight."

"But the full moon is tomorrow night."

Freya nodded as she walked past the dome that faced the fire pit and continued down the path. Merissa looked back, frowning with confusion.

"It is but my doula gave me a pre-birth check-up. Those little devils are eager to get out and it looks like it's tonight."

"But aren't werewolves born on a full moon?"

"Not always. Sometimes it can depend on how big they are and how many there are in the womb. It is extremely cramped in there."

Reaching the end of the path, Merissa's mouth hung open wide. She thought that she'd spend the weekend in something like the dome hut that they'd just passed. It was not the case. Merissa looked around at the small buildings, there were several of them with paths leading in all directions with more rooms.

The buildings were off the ground with a few steps up to a small deck, a glass sliding door would open wide and create a larger space for the living room. Freya slowly walked up the few steps and leaned on the rail.