11- miss world - roger

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

olivia sniffed and wiped away a tear that was running from her eye. she felt so used and frustrated she wanted to scream but she couldn't.

the girl had just walked in on her date to the prom and one of the most popular girls in the school making out in the bathroom. she spent weeks planning a way to ask him out and was so happy when he said yes but now she was just a lonely girl sitting on the staircase in front of the school with mascara running down her face.

"ahem." a voice appeared from behind her.

she rolled her eyes "can't you see i'm busy here." she said bluntly as she sniffed "i know- that's why i came out here. i saw you leave so fast and i wanted to make sure everything was okay..." the voice said gently.

"oh... well- thank you you can sit down if you would like i can tell you what happened." she responded embarrassed for getting so upset at him when he was just trying to be nice.

when he sat down she realized it was roger o'donnell he had been considered a 'weird kid' amongst the popular people at their school but olivia always found him to be quiet attractive to be honest. he was kinda shy and awkward but at the same time charming and funny she would be lying if said she didn't have any feelings for him.

he hugged his knees and turned his head to look at the crying girl. his hair falling a bit into his eyes he pushed it out of the way with his hand revealing his coffee brown iris's. olivia sighed and looked at the floor "so i spent weeks building up the courage to ask this guy to the dance. and when i asked him he said yes but i caught him and another girl swapping spit in the bathroom 5 minutes ago." olivia wiped her face with her hands again.

"i'm so sorry olivia. you don't deserve that. the guy you asked out was an idiot for ditching such a gorgeous girl like you." roger responded. she blushed and looked at the ground "really?" she responded "of course! i know we don't know eachother very well but from what i can see you're a very kind person. and not to mention you're stunning." she smiled gently and looked at the ground. "thank you roger." she then quickly shivered from the cold breeze hitting her bare shoulders.

roger noticed and immediately took his suit jacket off and placed it around olivias shoulders. leaving him in just his white button up. she couldn't help but think about how attractive he looked. his brown hair covering his eyes ever so slightly. the light freckles that kissed his cheeks it all left her with a blushing face.

"again, thank you roger. it means more than you think." she said. much calmer than before. "it's no problem really." he said looking through the hair covering his eyes.

a few moments of awkward silence passed before roger scooted closer to her and placed his arm over her shoulders. olivia returning the sudden affection, snuggled into his side and laid her head on his shoulder.

"it's getting quite late... what time do you have to be home by love?" he asked as he checked the time on his watch
the dark haired girl thought for a moment before saying "i cant recall what my parents told me."
"does that mean you don't have a curfew tonight?"
"a presume it does."
"if that's the case, would you want to share a milkshake with me at the diner?"
"i would be honored roger."

🎶

the soft sound of the jukebox playing in the quiet restaurant floated throughout the room. the two teens sat at a booth. the oversized suit jacket still embraced olivias cold body. "one milkshake please." roger said quietly to the waiter. "coming right up!" the waiter responded cheerfully before scurrying off to the kitchen,

"has anyone ever told you how gorgeous you are..." roger said with a smirk
olivia blushed softly and laughed "if your trying to compliment your way into my pants it's not gonna work." she joked
his face went pink  and he furrowed his brows "oh no no no no i'm being genuine i think you're stunning darling."
"thank you. i appreciate it you don't look too bad either."
"it's nothing really."
"i forgot to ask, where was your date for the dance?"
"oh... uh- i didn't have one,"
"oh."
"yeah, i-i was going to ask this girl but i chickened out and the a day later i found out she was going with one of the most popular guys at our school."
"well she would have been a very lucky girl."
"you really think so?"
"mhm, i don't know how you don't have a girl in your arm already roger."

he looked down at his hands and blushed before looking back up.

"the strangest thing happened actually today i saw the girl i was going to ask at the dance sitting outside with her makeup running down her face..." roger pushed his hair away from his face and smiled sheepishly
olivia looked at him blankly for a moment before remembering that she did that exact thing. "is the girl you where going to take to the dance sitting infront of you right now?" she laughed as a blush spread across her face
"yes actually." he responded smiling.

"well i would have said yes y'know."
"really?"
"of course, i've always fancied you."
"well i feel the same way."

just as he said that the waitress came back with a milk shake. the two thanked her and went back to their conversation

roger and Olivia spent the rest of the night laughing and talking about their lives. soon enough though the night fell late and the two decided to make their way home.

"do you want me to take you home, love?" roger asked, intertwining his hand with hers as they walked.
"that would be great, i don't have a ride anyway." she responded squeezing his hand.

once they arrived at olivias house roger walked her up to the door. "thanks for being there for me tonight." she said smiling "anything for a beautiful girl like you." he flirted
she blushed and let out a quiet giggle. "i'll see you next week at school. okay?" he nodded and let go of her hand.

just then she reached up and pulled the collar of his shirt down and pressed their lips together. he gently placed his hand on her cheek to deepen the kiss.

after a few moments they pulled away. "goodnight roger." she smiled "goodnight olivia." he smiled back with a bright dusting of blush on his face.

a/n: i feel like i haven't updated for a while i'm sorry 🙏 here's a roger one shot cause i don't think i've ever seen one on here hope you enjoyed!

words: 1171