6- honey - simon

(❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

the sound of a soft jazz record played quietly in simons office. he sat at his desk. papers where spread out all over it and simon sat with his hands on his temples and his eyes squeezed shut.

he was undeniably stressed out of his mind. with the making of his bands next album and tour about to end, left his mind scrambled.

"hey honey." charlotte, his wife chirped as she walked in. tea in hand. "i know how busy you are but i made you some tea." she walked over to his desk and sat the cup down on a coaster. "thank you darling. don't apologize i need a little break anyway." simon smiled and took a sip from the cup

"so what's been going on?" she asked, leaning on his desk.
"nothing too special... just tour stuff really." he sighed. taking his glasses off and rubbing his tired eyes. she ran her fingers through his tangled hair "when's the last time you slept?" she asked and let out a shaky laugh "last night... for 2 hours..." he responded shamefully

charlotte frowned at him she hated seeing him like this. she knew he hated it to. it had been forever since she had even had a regular conversation with him. she never saw him anymore. "simon... you've been working so much lately i rarely ever see you." she felt herself frown again. staring into his droopy eyes.

" i know baby... once the tour ends everything will be back to normal for a while."
"yeah yeah... i just miss you si. you're just always working." she sighed and sat down in his lap. resting her head on his chest. "i'm sorry honey. i've missed you too. it'll be over before you know it i promise." he smiled softly and kissed the top of her head. "mhm" she hummed and snuggled closer to him.

"you know what? i'm done with my work for today fuck this i'm gonna spend the rest of the night with my wife." simon stated as he stood up with her in his arms. "that sounds like a good plan." charlotte giggled softly and hid her face in the crook of his neck. simon laughed and pressed his lips against her cheek.

"i love you so much." she said as she rested her head against his shoulder. simon put her down and kissed her forehead softly "i love you too angel." she blushed at the pet name and nuzzled into the bassists side.

for once in a very long time things finally felt normal.

a/n: sorry this is so short lol 🤏

words: 438