10- memories - simon

(•̀ᴗ•́)و

jane picked up the old picture frame and gently traced her fingers over the photo. it was a very old photo from about 75 when they had just became a couple. it has so many memories attached to it of her and simon sitting on a bench eating ice cream while laughing their heads off at a joke that the bassist had told just moments before. she put the photo down and picked up another. yet again, it was an very old picture of the two in their high school years sitting under a tree. simon held an acoustic guitar and was singing while jane sat in front of him, mesmerized by his beauty.

she wiped a tear from her face. and began to silently weep as she help the picture close to her chest. she just wanted simon back. he wasn't physically gone he had just been so distant these past few weeks because of his recent falling out with his best friend and now ex band mate which promptly caused him to leave the band as a whole. now he just sat in bed all day only coming out of the room to eat, use the toilet, and pick up the morning paper.

she sniffled picked up another relic. simons old leather jacket. the one he had given her on their third date together when it had randomly started raining on their walk home. it was the only one he owned and he spent a lot of time and money saving up for it but he didn't care because as long as jane was happy so was simon.

jane felt tears well up in her eyes once again. all she wanted was to hold him like she did back then. she just wanted to see him happy. she cared so much about him and hated seeing him like this. she wiped her face with her sweater sleeve and took a deep breath in. calming herself down. she put the jacket away and took out a few photos to show simon. she thought that maybe the memories would cheer him up a bit. and slid the box back into the closet.

jane knocked on the bedroom door and walked in. sitting down at the foot of the bed with her legs crossed.

"hi honey." she said softly as she gently picked his hand and held it. "hello" he stirred quietly. not looking up from the ceiling to even make eye contact with her. "i found some really old photos of us when we first got together would you like to see them?" he glanced down at her and sat up, placing the pillow against the headboard and scooting over so jane could sit next to him

simon rested his head on her shoulder as they both talked about the photographs. "you remember this one right?" she turned her head to face him and watched as a small smile formed onto his face "how could i forget" he responded with a breathy laugh

the picture was a small polaroid of simon when he was about 16 holding a bass guitar that had been broken in half with puffy eyes and red cheeks from crying. he was taken off guard when their buddy lawrence had taken the photo so he had his eyebrows furrowed and lips parted as if he was about to yell. the picture never failed to make him chuckle all these years later.

"i remember that was my dream bass and it costed 200 bloody pounds and i broke it within a 24 hours of having it." he laughed softly
"you where so upset"
"yeah but i was fine cause i had you to make me feel better. remember you took me to the fair afterwards and you won me that giant stuffed bear and i named it cyclops cause it was missing an eye."
"that's right! how could i have forgotten about that"

the room fell silent for a moment as simon snuggled into janes side. causing her to place the photos on the bedside table and wrap her arms around his lanky figure.

"i miss doing that." she blurted "me too- i'm sorry i've been so cold lately. the whole 'me leaving the band' thing has really been hitting me hard." he frowned "it's okay. i understand. you lost your best friend and your dream job i know how much you care about them." he leaned up and placed a gentle kiss on her lips and rested his head on her chest as she played with his hair and kissed the top of his head.

"i love you so much. please never forget that. and if you ever need to talk to someone or need anything really. i'm here and i always will be." simon looked up at her face and placed his hand on her cheek. "i love you too i don't know what i would do without you jane. you're always so kind to me even when i'm not kind back thank you. it really means a lot."
"it's no problem sweetie." she kissed his forehead and stared longingly into his eyes.

the two stayed tangled in each other's arms until they both where lulled to sleep. finally things felt normal again for the two lovers.

a/n: i've been thinking about doing more one shots on other members of the band besides simon and rob (i'll still do ones of them but i just wanna give the other guys some love too) such as lol, boris, roger,  etc. but i can't decide who so if you guys would suggest someone that would help me out a lot 🙏😁 thank u for reading :) 🕺

words: 950