Butterflies

~Everest~

I clenched and unclenched my fists as annoyance filled me. This man would be the death of me one day. Monaley gently gripped my arm and tugged me towards the others as I forced myself to follow. I wasn't going to let some bimbo jeopardize my mission. I couldn't let him or anyone do that.

"Are you doing ok there Eve?" The one named Andy asked.

"I will be fine as soon as we get the chance to talk to your rulers." I replied with a smile.

She has come!

Alarmed, I quickly turned around only to find a still forest behind me. My senses went on high alert Monaley stopped beside me, confusions clearly written all over her face. I shook my head and we started walking again.

The Prophecy draws nearer. The burning flood is coming!

I spin around once more, expecting to find someone or a group of people. It sounded like there were people but I was greeted with a more peaceful forest. My brow furrowed and fear started to bloom in me.

"What's going on? Why did you stop?" Ciaran asked.

"I thought I heard something."

"You heard something. Ok, what did you hear then?" Ciaran's disbelief was evident in his mannerism.

"I'm not crazy."

"I never said you were."

"Then stop acting like it. Actions speak louder than words" Monaley snapped.

"Burning Flood." I blurted out.

"What?" This seemed to get his attention.

"That's what I heard. The Burning Flood is coming."

"How is that possible?!" He looked confused and angered.

"Do you know what it means?" My curiosity peeking.

"Andy can you watch over that one?" Ciaran pointed to Monaley.

"She has a name." Andy and I both said at the same time. We looked at each other in surprise before smiling.

"Whatever! Can you watch her?!"

"Yea. It would be my honor." Andy said more to Monaley than Ciaran.

"Good. You are coming with me."

Before I could protest, Ciaran grabbed my wrist and started pulling me off to the side and down a hill a little ways. I did little to resist and simply continued following his lead. Eventually, he stopped in front of a rock. It looked ethereal as a single stream of sunlight shined on the rock. I slowly looked up and found that the trees had twisted and combined so that no other light came though.

This seemed to make the floral and the fauna evolve so that they seemed to glow. Taking a step forward, I heard a yelp and jumped in surprise. Detaching itself from the forest floor was an animal that had something growing out of its back and made a trail all the way to it's tail. I could only stare as the animal shook its body, glanced over at us and then bounded off somewhere. Ciaran tugged my hand and drew my attention to a smaller animal on his hand. I stepped closer to him to get a better look at the animal.

"It's called a butterfly." He said with a laugh.

"What a pretty thing you are."

I reached out to touch the butterfly but seemed to scare it. It gave a mighty flap of its wings and flew off. My eyes followed and a small gasp escaped me as I gazed in wonderment. There were thousands of butterflies all with different, glowing colors. I had never seen so many wonders in my life that I started to fear I was dreaming all of this up.