Scolded

~Ciaran~

Shaking my head clear of my thoughts, I quickly left the Sacred area. I came out just to find Andy taking the Ximian away. I ran a frustrated hand through my hair.

"Well you certainly pissed Eve off. I don't think I have ever seen her that mad before." A voice said.

I jumped and looked to my right, towards the voice. I saw the other Ximian. She was simply staring off towards where Andy had gone. I willed myself to look at the ground instead of where the girl was looking. I scoffed at her comment and kicked the ground a little.

"Yea well it's not my fault." I retorted.

"Oh it's not? Well then Everest must just be overreacting right?" The girl's voice sounded closer but relief flashed through me that she understood my side.

"Of cour-" I looked up in time to see a hand fly towards my face.

My head snapped to the side and then the pain came in. Anger flared hot in me and I slowly turned my head to her. She had her own anger that she wanted me to see. I opened my mouth to say something and she slapped me again.

"Stop that." I growled at her.

"Then stop being a complete Clarshinbae!"

"What's a Clarshinbae?" My anger was forgotten and my curiosity heightened.

"It means that you are acting like you are better than Everest. You don't even know her and you act like you are so much mightier."

"That's,"

"I swear Šuma," She interrupted me

"Why does that sound like an insult?" I asked distastefully.

"Oh I'm sorry. So you can call us by our clan name in a disrespectful manner but the moment I do it back you throw a fit?! It is a wonder that you haven't been beaten yet."

I opened my mouth to say something but immediately clamped it shut. I guess I had used their namesake the same way.

"Right. Sorry, I guess I should stop that." I mumbled.

"Good. You're learning. There is hope for you yet."

"Why are you so rude?!" My anger flared once again at this girl's tone.

"Because unlike Everest, I don't have the patience to deal with Clarshinbae. Now whatever happened in the sacred place between you two, I suggest you start thinking up of ways to make it up to her."

"And why would I do that? You guys are nothing more than Ximian," I got another slap.

"What is wrong with you?! It's like you don't want to learn how to be better! Or you just like being slapped. Either way, you had better stop acting better than everyone when you first meet people. It's going to get you killed one of these days." She huffed

"Why do you care if I die? You seem to seriously hate me."

"Oh I do. But luckily for you Everest seems to like you. Even if it's just a small miniscule bit." For some reason, this gave me a small thrill to know this.

"I thought you said she was mad at me." I retorted, feeling victorious.

"She is. Which tells me that she values your opinion in some way. Therefore, she likes you in some small way. So I can't kill you yet." She seemed saddened at the last sentence and I involuntarily shivered.

"So what exactly did you say to Eve in the Sacred place? It had to have been something bad,"

"It's none of your business!" I huffed.

"~Like that! To have made her mad. Oh Goddess why are boys such stupid creatures?""

"Excuse me?!"

"You are stupid! Everest must have wanted to know something that you decided to keep from her. Her getting mad would suggest that it was something she thought would benefit helping you. Your refusal means it's a secret you don't want to tell "outsiders" as you put it. Which means that you are probably still hurt by the secret or have been hurt by it in the past."

She started walking and I could only gawk at her. She stopped and turned around, looking oblivious. She looked at me expectantly.

"How did you know all of that?! You really are a spy aren't you?!" I marched up to her, intent on capturing her. My hand landed on her shoulder as fury ripped through me. She slapped my hand away and looked slightly annoyed.

"It's called observation. I have known Eve since she... since we were kids. My every waking moment has been by her side. I've learned with her, played with her, fought with her. Eve is basically my sister. Which means I know her better than she knows herself. Makes things easier when she gets mad and others don't know why." She shot me a pointed look before turning on her heel and walking away.

"Do you even know where you are going?!" I shouted after her.

"I'm just following the sounds of happiness. You know, the sound that repels you!" She shouted back.

I ran a frustrated hand through my hair before following after the annoying woman. Just as I had caught up to her, we heard a scream and dread filled me. Sharing a look, we took off towards the scream. Nothing could have prepared us for the sight we saw.