Free at Last

Words: 1678

*body juice*
*unalivement*
*severe manipulation*

Scenario: After Tommy puts Dream in prison, he gets paranoid that Dream will escape. So when he visits Dream for the last time, he doesn't get trapped but instead, makes a choice. (He never visited before, so this would be his first time.)

Narrator POV

“Have you noticed that Tommy has been acting strange?” Ranboo asks Tubbo while they are in Snowchester.

“Yeah, he hasn’t been himself.” Tubbo replies. “He’s been in his house and not speaking to anyone. I understand that he was different after exile but I thought by putting Dream in prison that it would put him at ease.”

“I’m getting kinda worried about him. Do you think we should check on him?”

“Sure.” Tubbo says.

Ranboo and Tubbo leave Snowchester and make their way to the Dream smp. It started raining so they used their riptide tridents to get there faster. They arrive and Tubbo knocks on Tommy’s door.

“Hey Tommy?” Tubbo says from behind the door. “You good, big man?”

Nobody responds so they go in. All the torches had been replaced with redstone ones, making an eerie scene. They check the back room and still no Tommy.

“Tommy?” Ranboo says a little louder.

They walk downstairs and hear mumbling from inside Tommy’s meeting room, down the tunnel.

They walk and see Tommy wrapped in Wilbur’s old trench coat, which still has his crusted blood on the back. He’s writing on the blackstone walls with chalk, symbols that aren't english letters.

“Tommy? What are you writing.” Tubbo says stepping closer hesitantly.

“Tubbo, enchantment table. Endermen talk and write in that.” Ranboo says, reading the words. “I didn’t know he knew that language.”

“‘Plan to… destroy Dream’.” Ranboo reads. “Tommy, why are you planning to kill Dream? He’s in prison.”

Tommy finally turns to face the two. He looks like he hasn’t slept in days, with a crazed smile on his face.

“But once he escapes, we’ll need to defend ourselves.” Tommy says. “And I can't let people die again.” Then he starts whispering under his breath. “My fault, my fault, my fault, my fault.” He hits his head with his fist.

Tubbo reaches and grabs Tommy’s wrists so he stops hitting himself.

Tommy looks in his eyes and smiles, but his eyes are sad.

“How long have you been alone?” Ranboo asks.

“I’m never alone. Dream’s always in my head. “ Tommy says and turns back to the wall. “Watching, listening.” He scribbles some more.

“Tommy!” Tubbo shouts and Tommy flinches. “We’re leaving.” He grabs Tommy’s wrist and drags him out.

“B-but my plans.”

“Their not needed.” Tubbo says. “You’re going to visit Dream, to show yourself that he’s trapped.”

“We’re all trapped if you think about it.” Tommy mumbles. “Just a shell of what we could be, trapped in ourselves, unable to escape.”

They open the door, it had stopped raining and the sun had come out. When Tommy sees the light he hisses and runs back inside.

“Stop being dramatic.” Tubbo rolls his eyes and drags him out. “See? Nice vitamin D.”