Chapter 48: Compound 1

Start from the beginning

I wore my all black outfit again my sword on my back as always, but I added a black beanie to try and cover my bright white hair.

It was the worst to try and be inconspicuous when my hair could literally be spotted from miles away.

The underground tunnel system was complex, and we were each given our own route along with our own agenda to accomplish.

I was supposed to take down Overhul's inner group called the Eight Bullets, but my only focus was to find the girl and get out without being noticed.

I didn't think it'd be too difficult, but I couldn't know for sure. The Shie Hassaikai had lasted this long for a reason, they must have some power on their side.

Not to mention I had to keep my all my senses on high alert to avoid those bullets.

I stopped as I reached the part of the tunnel where I was to blast my above ground.

I didn't know where the girl was yet, so this was as good a place as any to start my search.

I used my earth manipulation to remove a small hole in the ceiling and then jumped through to the room above me.

It was a small office with surveillance footage playing on a few screens. All it showed were a few hallways that were completely empty.

Chills raced across my body as I stood there and observed. Something was off. Everything was too quiet...

I went to the computers and tried to see if I could switch to other cameras across the compound. I'm guessing they put me in here so I could track down my targets, but I wasn't sure.

As I scanned through, all of the videos showed completely empty and abandoned rooms. Either everyone had evacuated or the footage was being tampered with.

Both were bad news. Did they know we were coming?

I snapped my head back as the door opened, and a masked man came into view.

"Who—" he began to speak, but I used my water whip to grab him into the office and smash him against the wall.

I used so much force that he knocked out instantly. Must be a low level member.

I walked over and searched his body for anything that might help me. I pulled out a small gun, and saw it had 2 of the quirk cancelling bullets.

I felt like I had just hit the jackpot.

I quickly found his cell phone as well. I used his finger to unlock the touch passcode and sat down in the office chair as I looked for any hints.

I smirked as I found a message from Overhaul. I got up and ripped off the man's mask.

He was actually one of my targets, I just didn't recognize the mask he had on, but he was one of the Eight Bullets.

And his phone was leading me exactly to where I needed to go.

The kid was with Overhaul which meant it would be much harder than I thought to rescue her. I was hoping she would be locked in a room somewhere I could just get in and get out.

I put the phone in my pocket as I looked down at the unconscious body. I was supposed to kill him since he was one of my targets, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to or not.

He could come after me or warn someone if he woke up, so it would be smart to. But at the same time, was I really just open to killing people now?

I sighed as I decided to just leave him be. It's not like he was much of a challenge. I could just knock him out again later if I needed to.

There was a loud crash as I reached for the door, and I felt the entire building shake.

I ran out into the hall, looking around at three different pathways I could take. This place really was a maze, and I didn't have time to be wandering aimlessly.

"What the hell..." I mumbled to myself as more blasts fired off back to back.

Are we attacking them full blown now? I thought it was supposed to be a stealth operation...

But there was a fight going on somewhere, and more than likely, Overhaul was apart of it.

I didn't want to be seen going off on my own by any of the League, but I didn't have much of a choice at this point.

I took off towards where the sounds of battle were coming from. If we were fighting it out, it'd be easy enough to play it off like I came to help.

Getting away would be the only hard part.

I would have to rely on my instincts and improvise a plan. I was smarter than Shigaraki. I knew I could escape from him even with the kid.

I just had to stay focused. No more surprises.