Chapter 43: Alliance

Dabi pulled me into the apartment after Keigo had popped into view. He shut the door and locked it quickly.

"Did anyone see you coming here?" Keigo asked coldly.

I walked towards him to get in his face. "You're a snake, Keigo," I hissed at him.

"Me? Does Aizawa know where you are?" he smirked.

My breath was heavy and uneven as I stared into his eyes. I was moments away from letting my rage consume me.

The audacity he had to constantly be one of the ones questioning my loyalty. Questioning my intentions.

And yet he's here, right after I tried to kill my father.

And he even had the nerve to help stop me. Is this why? Did he need him alive for whatever the hell he was over here plotting?

I know I was here too, but I wasn't here to put anyone but myself in danger.

Was he the UA leak? Was he how Dabi knew where to find me at the festival?

"Careful, Y/n. Wouldn't want you to do anything you'll regret."

I looked down and noticed the small amount of fire now swirling around my arms.

I had so many thoughts swarming around that I hadn't even realized it. My emotions must have triggered my fire quirk.

I quickly retracted it and looked back at Keigo then Dabi.

I shook my head, "This was a mistake."

I immediately turned to the door, but as I reached for the knob, a feather pierced into my hand.

"Sorry little chick. You're not going anywhere."

I clenched my jaw as I plucked the stupid ass feather from my flesh.

I whipped around to look at him once again. Blood Manipulation 10%.

"Do you have a death wish?" I snarled as I watched his entire body tense up with pain.

I was impressed by the way he handled it. He must be a lot stronger than he looks.

"Alright, Y/n. You've made your point," Dabi called out in annoyed tone.

I walked slowly up to Keigo, never breaking my eye contact. As I stood in front of him, I let go of my grasp and watched him drop down, gasping for air.

I smirked as I lifted his chin up to look at me, "Want to tell me why you're here?"

He spit out a small amount of blood, "You first, chickadee."

"I came for Dabi," I said plainly as he got back to his feet.

He smiled as he leaned in, "Me too."

I smacked a glass off the counter next to us, letting it shatter on the ground, "Stop playing games, Keigo!!"

Dabi sighed, "Why are you always breaking shit? And it's always my cups.."

I couldn't help it as my tears returned. Today had been beyond emotional. I was so messed up in the head that I ended up at Dabi's old apartment.