Chapter 39: Interrogation

I woke up in a brightly-lit hospital room.

"Ugh, how did I get here?" I groaned, trying to cover my eyes from the blinding light.

As my eyes adjusted, I noticed All Might in the bed next to me.

"Hey there, hero." I smiled.

"Hey," he smiled softly. "Glad to see you're ok. Your buddy over there will be happy to see it to."

"Huh?" I turned my head and saw Katsuki sleeping in a chair on the other side of my bed.

I smiled at the sight. He's finally safe.

"He's been refusing to leave until you wake up... He's your biggest fan, you know that?"

I chuckled, "Feelings mutual."

I took a piece of paper off the clipboard hanging from my bed, crumbled it up, and threw it at him.

He woke up in a frenzy, "Oi! What the fuck!"

"What's up, killer?" I joked.

His eyes widened, "Y/n-sensei!! You're ok!" He rushed to the side of my bed.

"I'm glad you're ok too, Katsuki," I smiled.

His brows quickly furrowed, "I'm still pissed you fucking launched me in the air like that!"

I laughed, but it quickly turned into a cough where small traces of blood came up.

"Geez, you really are an old hag. Settle down."

I just shook my head, "Thanks for staying here, Katsuki. But you should really be getting some rest too."

"Yea, yea, whatever. I know." he grumbled, but stood there hesitating slightly.

"Y/n?" he said in a soft voice.

I cocked my head to the side in confusion.

"It's just... uh, what you said in that interview," he paused while rubbing his neck. "Did you mean it?"

I grabbed his hand softly, "Every word, Katsuki."

I saw a small tear come to his eyes.

"So, did you give em hell?" I asked with a smirk, knowing he wouldn't want to harp too long on his emotions.

"YOU KNOW IT!!!" he screamed which put a huge smile on my face. "I'll see you soon Y/n-sensei!" he called while leaving.

"You know, I think you were born to do this," All Might called.

I laughed loudly, "Will you make sure UA knows that? I think the commission has had just about enough of me."

"Aw, yes. The interview," he laughed with me.

"So, uh, what'd I miss? I'm guessing since you're alive, you won?"

"Maybe you should just rest for now, Y/n... I'm not the only one who has some explaining to do," he said almost in a whisper.

"W-what do you mean?"

He exhaled loudly, "It seems you were closer to some of the villains than you let on. Once you're feeling better, the commission as well as the police are going to want to question you."

"No one knows your full story, Y/n... but you're going to have to stop hiding things sooner or later."

I stared at the wall while quickly blinking away a few tears.

"Where's Shota?" I slowly looked over to him, afraid of the answer.

"Y/n, nothing you say or do will ever change the way he feels about you. You know that right?"