Chapter 12: Workshop Battle

"Huh?" You stared down at the gun in your hands. "One shot... one opportunity? So... we have to steal other people's bullets in order to send each other up?"

"Yeah, it sounds like it," Novick said.

"That doesn't sound too bad..."

"What do you mean Mr. Viole's gone?!" Refeljo shouted. "Why didn't you keep an eye on him?"

"He didn't like it..." The rabbit eared girl mumbled.

"That's not an excuse, Xiaxia! You can't contact him and you don't know where he is! What are you going to do about this?!"

"Stop it. That won't bring him back," Ran spoke up, "Shouldn't you find him before the game is over? The number of tickets is decreasing." Ran leaned up against the wall and crossed his arms. The FUG members talked amongst themselves about a regular on top of one of the towers.

"It's not just any regular! It's Anaak Jahad!" The one FUG member said. 'Wait... Anaak is here? Then... that must mean that Shibisu's team must be here as well!' You perked up at the thought of seeing your old teammates again.

"Our exit is blocked too. What'll we do now?" Ran asked.

"We wait until Mr. Viole comes back," said Refeljo.

"What? But we don't know where he is!" You exclaimed.

"The more time passes, the higher the chance we fail," Ran grumbled.

"But we can't give this place up before Mr. Viole gets back," Refeljo explained, "We should protect this place as long as we can."

"What if he doesn't come back?"

"We'll have to get past her," Refeljo finally said at last. "Once there are less than 100 tickets... we'll fight them." Everyone waited around for a while more, until one of the FUG members spoke up.

"Refeljo! The spear bearers started moving!" The FUG member shouted. Just then, a flash of green broke through the windows, and a short green figure walked in.

"You're noisy," Ran remarked. You remained in the shadows as Ran continued. "If you're here to avenge A.A., just go back. It would be a meaningless battle. Well... that's not really what you seem to be interested in, though... lizard." Novick walked up beside Ran as you remained back some. 'What's Anaak doing here?'

"Weren't you here to prevent the fight?" Novick asked.

"I don't think that lizard understands human words." Anaak broke through the glass and made her way further into the building.

"I think the lizard did understand. I'm a fool to let him do the talking..." Anaak came back and kicked Novick, but he blocked the attack with his arms. More of the windows broke. Novick was thrown up against a wall.

"Idiot," Ran said as he formed a lightning cloud. The two fought it out for a while. It got more serious, as Ran began to shoot lightning, and Anaak activated her weapon. There were explosions as the clouds cleared, and the two pointed their guns at each other.

"Guys! Stop!" You shouted with worry. Both Ran and Anaak looked at you.

"(Name)?" Anaak asked, surprised.

"Stop. Both of you," another voice called out. You turned and saw that Viole stood to your right; he held up his gun at them and shot them with the light bullet.