Chapter 5: Real Training

Real quick author's note. I hate to do these, since I'm sure a lot of people find these annoying, so I will cut to the chase. I just want to let you all know that I will not be updating on Mondays or Tuesdays, due to college. Updates in general may be a little irregular (just like Bam. Yes, pun intended, now off to bad pun jail I go), but I will do my best to get chapters out. I do have ideas planned out up to the workshop battle arc, in case anyone is wondering. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and this fanfiction so far; I hope you continue to enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________

And so began your first day of training with Hatz and Shibisu. Oftentimes, your scouting classes with Quant were extremely short; he would go over a few tips and important information. It was usually stuff like how to go unseen, how to get access to as much information as possible, be prepared to see and fight without a lighthouse guiding you, and other basic fighting information to keep in mind. You'd nearly fall asleep every couple of classes, but at least it was short and simple. You knew how to run and hide; it was the fighting part that you struggled with. Sure, you learned about how to fight, but just knowing wasn't enough for you to actually be prepared for a fight; you simply couldn't fight without the physical practice. That's why you tried to ask Hatz for help.

"Hey (name)!" A voice called you out from your daze.

"Oh hey, Shibisu. What's up?"

"You had said something about needing training, yeah?"

"Yeah... I could use some help with that." You scratched the back of your head. "I'm really not all that great at fighting..."

"Well, me and Hatz can help you, right Hatz?" Shibisu turned back towards Hatz.

"Sure. I can teach you the way of the sword." Hatz nodded and clutched a sword with one of his hands.

"Ah, thank you guys! That means a lot!" You leaned forward and did a few small bows. "Is there any way I can repay you both? I can buy you lunch for the trouble!"

"You helped by befriending us. That is more than enough for repayment."

"A-are you sure? I mean, if that's the case, you guys helped me with that too."

"Just consider us doing a favor for ya, as friends should," Shibisu chimed in.

And so the three of you went outside and trained together. Believe it or not, Shibisu actually had some good fighting techniques; he helped you to work on your form, which not only aided you in dodging attacks, but you also managed to land a hit or two.

"I-I'm sorry!" You scrunched your eyebrows down and covered your mouth with your fingertips.

"It's okay, (name)! You're doing good. You managed to knock me down this time." Shibisu smiled and let out a small chuckle. "You need to put in more force, though, alright? If you hesitate, you're gonna end up being the one that gets hurt."

"Alright..." You looked down sadly. "I just... don't want to hurt anyone."

"Yeah, that's understandable. You don't wanna hurt your friends. But what if your friends are in danger, how can you protect them if you can't knock out your opponent?" Shibisu got up from the ground. "I mean, Bam is your friend. He'll need to be protected, right?"

"Right!" You nodded. 'That's right... I wanted to help Bam... but I wasn't able to help him... What good am I if I can't even do that?'