Hopefully, he'd like this one too.

Dresses didn't take all that long to make for you. This was what you were good at. What took long was finding materials to make the dresses with.

You weren't in a position to buy long yards of expensive fabric. Nor did you have access to any fine embellishments. You often made do with what you had. You took apart your old dresses, trying to make the most of those, you often stole ties from Taehyung, if that small piece of fabric would make do.

So that was the plan. You'd take apart a few old ones you'd made whose colours would look nice together. Then you'd turn it into something new, steal a few ties and perhaps a shirt if need be and call it a day.

This was one of the pros you'd come up with for following through with the wedding-- you'd probably be able to afford so much more fabric and so much more thread. The good stuff too.

What you didn't realize was that you wouldn't need to be making dresses at all.

That hit when two lovely knights showed up at your door one sunny Sunday morning.

"Hello," you said kindly, opening the door. One of them bowed.

"Good morning, your highness." You shook your head and waved as he stood up straight.

"Oh, I'm not--"

"Highness?" The other knight asked, looking around at the tiny house you and Tae lived in. You looked around too.

"I'm not sure if you remember but we met at the ball?" You looked up at him. "Sir Jeon Jungkook," he filled in. You nodded.

"Ah, yes, nice to see you again." He smiled and looked over at the other knight. He hit him on the arm.

"What?" Jungkook glared at him and you couldn't help but smile.

You looked over to see Taehyung. You'd been feeling a little under the weather and so he'd gone to your neighbours on his own. They were quite elderly and you two would help them with their garden. So there he was, sitting in dirt and messing with strawberry seeds.

"Park," the knight said. "Park Jimin-- Sir Park Jimin." You nodded and smiled a little-- so this was the infamous Park Jimin the maidens in the village were always talking about.

"Pleasure to meet you." They both stared at you and you had nothing to do but stare back. "What brings you here?"

"Oh!" Jungkook quickly cleared his voice. "The prince sent us," he said. You nodded slowly.

"Namjoon," Jimin clarified.

"Prince Namjoon," Jungkook corrected with a glare. You shifted your weight.

"Okay," you said with a nod. You'd been in the middle of undoing the threads of one of your dresses. It wasn't all that fun but thanks to your not-so-great sewing machine, the seams were not all that tight to begin with.

"He would like to know when you're free for dress fitting?" Your eyebrows raised.

"Dress fitting?"

"For the wedding, your maj--"

"Y/N is okay," you said, becoming uncomfortable.

"Y/N," Jimin said, eyebrows raised. Taehyung looked up at the sound of your name. You gave him a small shrug as he raised his eyebrows, pushing his hair out of his eyes as he tried to get a better look at you over the yard. He got dirt on his nose.

"So, yes-- dress fitting." You stared. "The tailor is able to come to the palace at any time the prince wanted to know when you--"

"Oh no, I don't need a dress," you said. Jungkook and Jimin both stared at you.