21: Occasion

Chapter 21

Louisiana

“You look pale.” It was Archadler who suddenly appeared on my sight. “What bothers you, Lou?”

“It’s my nickname that comes from you. Cringe.” I rolled my eyes and left him there.

“What the fuck.” I heard him talked.

Lou? What kind of nickname is that? The fact that it came from a weird and corny man is not a flex.

To relax and take in the festivities, I started conversing with the attendees. Given that this event is accessible to everyone, it is not surprise that a large number of individuals showed up. You won't have any trouble identifying who is the commoner among the wealthy any longer.

Well, that’s not what matters here.

There were a few things we talked about, but none of them were bad news. The focus of this event is not bad news. Even though there is still danger outside of this joyful occasion, we have all met here to enjoy ourselves and our lives.

“Wow! Louisiana! You really prepared for this occasion! You are a pleasure to look at! You are so beautiful!” I was a little bit shock when I saw Madame First Lady came into the scene.

“Excuse me,” I excused myself from those I spoke to when the Madame First Lady arrived. I have to cut my conversation with them respectfully so they won’t feel offended.

I reached for her hand. “I am glad that I caught your attention, Madame First Lady.” Flare Vesarius chuckled softly.

She then held my hand. “Oh, dear. My sobriquet is too long. You just can call me Ma’am.” She smiled at me genuinely.

“Okay, Ma’am. But, I just get used calling you Madame First Lady for it screams respect.” I then smiled at her too. I feel like there is no such thing as this conversation. It’a not going to be a plea or anything.

I have known Flare Vesarius for years. She will never approach someone without any conditions she has. But, this time, I didn’t sense anything from her. Maybe because she just want us a conversation because we were busy these past few months.

I was busy healing myself, while her, she was and still busy with her plan. It’s always the sorority recruitment that will always be her top one priority. I have also been waiting for it to come out so I can know how useful and effective it is for us, women.

She has this frame of mind that she will always be offended by men that do not nothing to her. She is obviously a man–hater. But, she has a son. I wonder what’s her reason.

“No, no. I am fine with you calling me, Ma’am. There is still a respect that surrounds the word.” She then released my hand from her hold. “Alright, I’m going ahead of you and I still have a lot of guests to approach and entertain. Have fun!” She waved her hand to me before finally walked out.

I was literally shocked! What just happened?

“Mom’s in a good mood, that’s why.” Hearing that deep voice made me rolled my eyes again. It’s as if it is so deep that it wasn’t just his voice that I am ready to dive but also his feelings.

I glared at him when he purposely met my eyes. My heart suddenly beats fast. “What? Your gaze, it’s like you’re already fed up with me.” He then chuckled softly.

I smirked at him. “Wow, Flare Vesarius version two?”

“Hmm. Flare Vesarius?” His mouth formed an ‘o’ for he heard what I precisely called his mother.

I arched a brow. “So, what? That’s her name, right?” I tried to get through my incessant mouth.

“Yeah. I simply became accustomed to hearing everyone refer to my mother as Madame First Lady.” He nodded several times. “Then, there’s you.”

I chuckled awkwardly and swiftly held his broad shoulders as if I am going to dance with him. “That will remain only between us.” I smirked and left him dumbfounded.

I was busy roaming around not until Biancalina from nowhere approached me with her big smile. I arched my brow because her so–called big smile is purely suspicious.

I sighed as I rolled my eyes at her. “What is it now, Biancalina?”

She glared at me. “Louisiana!” She shouted.

“What?!” I exclaimed back at her.

She then made a frown. “You don’t want me no more?” She pouted more. “You don’t look pleasing whenever I am approaching you. While, I always excited to see you.”

I suddenly felt guilty because of what he said. Her big smile is just so suspicious. I then went on her and hugged her tightly. “Forgive me. I found your big smile a skeptical one.”

She released on our hug. She looked at me with doubt. “What? I was about to ask what correlation do you have with Archadler Vesarius? Do you, two, have something? Hmm.”

I knew it. She seen us from afar. This man really getting on my nerves. When he really gets close, we will have an issue and his fan girls might even get mad at me. But, I don’t care if they get angry. That man is coming to me voluntarily and it will never be my fault!

“No, I refuse to say that we have something between us.” Biancalina shut the fuck up of me.

She rolled her eyes at me. “I dispute that! I have always seen you with Archadler. Perhaps, that’s the reason why we don’t hang out any more. You spent mostly of your time with that man. Why? Is it because he is more superior than me?”

I was confused to hear all that from Biancalina. Obviously, all of that is a nonsensical statement. I faintly laughed when I heard that. She frowned again because of my response to her litany.

“I will give you an explanation, Biancalina. I detest the man, with whom I have no relation. He shudders. He too approached me voluntarily. I didn’t hang around with the guy. If that’s the case, I pleasure my time. He is not superior to anyone, either.”

Her eyes pleaded and hugged me tightly. “Aw, Luna! I love you so much!” She then kissed me all over my face.

Our conversation stopped when we heard a loud explosion. Biancalina and I immediately became alert when everyone started panicking. Some have built a barrier as soon as possible around all the exits from the hall to protect everyone inside from the rioters outside.

“What happened?” Biancalina asked.

I didn’t turn my gaze at her. “I don’t know either. I’ll find it out.” I held the hem of my dress and I immediately went on my room to change my clothes. This is so uncomfortable.

But, when I came out the room, I was immediately being surrounded by eleven people. I now understand who their true objective is. It will always be Louisiana.

“You are the finest woman alive.” The man talked. It automatically sent shivers down to my spine.

“I am flattered to received your commendation.” I coldly reacted.

Another woman intervenes. “But, you have to be dead so I can take over your throne.” I almost laugh when I heard that.

“Even if I die, all the elegant words and compliments will always scream for Louisiana Hennessy.”

&.&