05: Maude

Chapter 5

Louisiana

“If ever Darius look for my existence, tell him that I am in a theatre to watch some show.” I went to the ancillae. “But, don’t tell him that I am in Maude. He might freak the fuck out.”

The ancillae did not respond, maybe she did not believe my decision, so I bid my good bye as I hid my smile. I walked out the mansion, and when I about to open the gate, a stationem appeared in front of me.

He immediately nodded when he turned at me. “Lady.” He called so I raised a brow. “What kind of car will I use to drive you to Maude?” He asked respectfully.

My lips parted and I looked at him. “Is there any car that Darius can’t detect?”

If I wanted to have a good roaming, he should not follow where I am, especially if my destination was Maude right now. For two years, Darius and the Madame wanted me to be safe so the future of Hennessy will not be lost and be wasted.

Curiosity filled his eyes, and I sensed that he is a bit hesitant to tell me if there is one. I know how loyal the stationem is to their bosses. But, I am their boss, too. So, better be loyal to me.

When I did not receive any response from him, I talked. “Is there one? If none, I will be glad letting my self commute and went to Maude alone.”

Without further adieu, he nodded as he clicked his earpiece and called someone from the agenda. He sighed as he looked at me with a little bit hesitation. He opened his mouth but a words didn’t come out.

He only talked when someone answered his call. “Estne Aston Martin quod nunc praesto est? Vel, etiam ruerat, dominam Lunam ad destinatum suum sic expellere possum.”

My lips parted, not knowing what he just muttered a while ago. I immediately shuddered at the thought that this one might be cursing me because I heard my name. Luna! Luna is my nickname!

My breathing followed and I immediately closed my eyes as my brain entered the words of the stationem.

“Estne Aston Martin quod nunc praesto est? Vel, etiam ruerat, dominam Lunam ad destinatum suum sic expellere possum.” I repeated at the back of my mind.

I think about it many times in just a seconds. I am curious about it, but, so what? Maybe, I knew some of those words because I studied some Latin words beforehand!

This stationem seemed to sense my astonishment at what he said. Because he looked at me with a frown and he raised the both of his eyebrows.

He sighed and talked so I could stopped killing my self with curiosity. “I’ve asked them if there’s an Aston Martin that’s available right now. Or, even a Porsche so I can drive you, Lady Luna, to your destination.”

So, an Aston Martin and Porsche were the only cars that available, huh. Those are the cars that Darius can’t detect. Clearly fascinating.

I raised a brow as I looked at him with shame. This stationem might think that I have been living in Valeria for a long time but I still know nothing about one of their language.

I smirked and crossed my arms, ignoring the shame I felt insides. “I–I know.” I said, full of myself. I was trying to hide a shame with my rude actions.

He just smiled and nodded. He wasn’t even annoyed with my behavior, so that's fine too. Having an Aston Martin is unbelievably great because Darius won’t have a chance to follow me wherever I go. I seemed to be pleased with this trend of Hennessy.

The ride remained quiet because I didn’t even think to talk to the stationem with me. There was only a short distance to the maude when I got out of the car. The stationem looked confused.